Jon's Consumer PCIe SSD Z270 Intel Review Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASRock Z270 Taichi - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 5.0GHz - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Cooler: Swiftech H2O-320 Edge - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3200MHz - Buy from Amazon
- Video Card: Onboard Video
- Case: IN WIN X-Frame - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Seasonic Platinum 1000 Watt Modular - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
The RC100 is fully compatible with OCZ's latest SSD Utility. The utility makes drive maintenance and monitoring simple and easy to understand. The above screenshots let us know that HMB is enabled at the desired amount.
Toshiba OCZ RC100 240GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD OS Disk 75% Full
Toshiba OCZ RC100 480GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD OS Disk 75% Full
The majority of our testing is performed with our test drive as our boot volume. Our boot volume is 75% full for all OS Disk "C" drive testing to replicate a typical consumer OS volume implementation. We feel that most of you will be utilizing your SSDs for your boot volume and that presenting you with results from an OS volume is more relevant than presenting you with empty secondary volume results.
System settings: Cstates and Speed stepping are both disabled in our systems BIOS. Windows High-Performance power plan is enabled. Windows write caching is enabled, and Windows buffer flushing is disabled. We are utilizing Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS for all our testing. Empty Windows 10 benchmark screenshots will be shown on our Maxed-Out-Performance (MOP) page.
Please note: When comparing our results to those of other review sites, look at page 10 Maxed Out Performance-Windows 10 which is done with the disk empty.
Please note: We ran the RC100 fully patched for Spectre/Meltdown on all benchmarks except for SYSmark. None of the competing SSDs were run patched. It is important to keep in mind that the RC100's patched performance is significantly handicapped relative to our test pool.
Benchmark screenshots will be shown 240GB model first followed by the 480GB model.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Witcher 4 may be CD Projekt RED's next game
- Strong sales cement Anthem in EA's playbook
- Ocarina of Time Online brings co-op to Hyrule
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Getting SSD to boot
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- GA-X99-UD5 rev 1.0 power ON issue
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today