DOOM & PUBG
While gaming, the feel of the mouse is good, and we do appreciate wings on both side s of the mouse as a palm-grip gamer. We were able to flick the mouse around without having to lift our hand much, and with the high DPI range offered, you can set it as never to have to lift the mouse either. At lower DPI settings, we found the lowest LOD setting best, and while the mouse does have some heft, it is easy to grip and lift with the rubberized surfaces applied and the concave shape of the side panels.
We love multiple DPI settings so we can adjust on-the-fly to whatever circumstance shows up. While run and gunning at one DPI, and when the enemy is close, you can lower it for better accuracy, and when the kill shot presents itself, don't forget about the sniper button, where you can slow things way down and shoot the helmet clean off the guy. It is smooth on the few surfaces we tested it on, it is stable with its broad footprint, and all but one thing about the mouse was a terrific solution to our gaming needs.
Windows and Productivity
We did find that when it came to slinging the cursor around a 4K monitor, we did like a DPI closer to gaming levels, in the 5500 to 6000 DPI range. However, when it comes to photo editing, even with angle snapping and pointer enhancements turned off, the mouse seemed twitchy at times, and was not so accurate.
Dropping down to 3600 DPI cured this issue, and with the fact that you can select the DPI down to the single digit, there is a perfect setting for every task, you need to experiment and find it. The same issue we found while gaming reared its head in our daily grind too, but it is more an issue with genetics, and if you are a person with more extended digits, you may never realize what we noticed.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair Dark Core RGB SE Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair Dark Core RGB SE Gaming Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen Xbox Scarlett development kit is called 'Anaconda'
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- accentuate redress
- Vandexafil Ultra New Male Enhancement Formula! Gain
- ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 and Intel AC 9260 WiFi card
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire