Corsair iCUE Software
Once downloaded and installed, this is the first screen of the iCUE software to be seen. On the left is a profiles menu, which when clicked takes us to the trio of default Dark Core RGB SE profiles. This is also where you can select which device you wish to change the settings for at the top, and at the bottom left is where you will receive messages for updates or errors that may have occurred.
After clicking on the image of the mouse in the last window, we are now looking at the profiles menu. You can add as many profiles as you want to on the left, copy them, import and export them, and even delete them. Selecting a profile opens the bottom half of the window to show what is possible for each profile. They can be hardware or software profiles, they can be linked to programs, icons can be used, the background image can be changed, and you can also blur pictures and adjust the transparency of the tabs.
The actions menu is all about Macros, and here you can add as many as you want to, and pick which ones are saved to the mouse when needed. The first thing you want to do is select a button in the top half of the window, and once that is done, use the lower half to record the Macro to replace the default function of said button. The editor will read mouse and keyboard functions, there is an advanced menu, and they can even be edited once the recording is completed.
Lighting is simple to adjust. There are three zones, one for the scroll wheel, one for the three side LEDs, and a third zone for the logo on the heel. Options of modes include rainbow, color pulse, color shift, and when static color is selected, there is RGB code entry boxes, a wheel of color to choose from, as well as seven preset colors. Patterns can have their speed adjusted, but static colors can have the opacity changed.
The DPI settings are adjusted for each of the various profiles, so be sure you pick which profile to change before you get underway. There are four DPI levels to set. Three of them can be used by pressing the side buttons to change through them, but the fourth is used from the center side button for the sniper mode. The DPI indicator color can be changed, and even the color of those lights when the sniper button is pressed.
The performance section covers only four settings. The first option is to enable angle snapping, or where you turn it off later if you do not like using it. The second change can be made to the lift-off distance, setting it low, medium, or high. The last things to address are the enhanced pointer precision, and there is a slider bar for pointer speed as well.
If the mouse happens to be tracking oddly on whatever surface it is that the Dark Core RGB SE is being used on, you can always drop into the surface calibrations section. Follow the instructions and grab the gold coin on the mouse pad, and make circular motions keeping the meter below in the green range. After a few short seconds, the software will tell you calibration has completed, and you can be off to see if the tracking improved.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair Dark Core RGB SE Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair Dark Core RGB SE Gaming Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new MEG 390 GODLIKE motherboard leaked, looks awesome
- Death Stranding's bizarre new trailer is darkly enchanting
- Square Enix to double down on service games
- Nintendo 64 Classic Edition likely on the way
- Anthem's early play trials are paygated
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games