Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation
To be blunt, the front of the packaging is some of the best I have seen for any mouse. The logo and company name in the top-left corner, the illuminated image of the mouse in the center with all of the many colored lines behind it, and the name of the product in all capital letters at the bottom. Corsair also shows off the wired or wireless capability, its ultra-fast 1ms latency, Qi charging capability, and the use of an optical sensor.
The front of the box swings open to offer a view of the Dark Core RGB SE mouse under the clear plastic, but there is also information to be had behind the front panel. This is where the interchangeable side grip is first shown and is also where Corsair shows that the MM1000 mouse pad will offer the Qi charger to charge the Dark Core RGB SE.
The right side of the box keeps the bright yellow trim, but in the sea of darkness, it is hard to make out the top view of the mouse.
The back of the box has two other images of the Dark Core RGB SE mouse. The top one is used to show where the nine buttons are located. The lower image differs from the specifications chart, as it shows only three RGB LED zones to program. Corsair also draws attention to the contoured shape, the onboard storage, and all new Omron switches being used.
While we have discussed these features already, Corsair pasted the right side of the box with them as well. Again, the image of the mouse is hard to see, but the illumination of the left side of it is easy to make out.
There is no need to tear open the box, as there is a plastic sticker on one edge, which helps remove the inner packaging. The mouse is kept in place with the plastic cover. As for the rest of the included bits, they are all contained below the mouse in this black box.
First out if the box, are all the parts needed, for various methods of connectivity. There is the standard cable for wired usage, or this cable can be used to charge the mouse. To the right is the wireless connectivity dongle which requires an empty USB port. If you wish to extend the range of the wireless signal, using the black box at the bottom, plug in the mouse cable to it, and put the receiver as close to the mouse as you want.
Also in the box is this smooth right-side wing for the Dark Core RGB SE mouse. This replaces one without a wing, and offers a place for the little finger to rest, as not to drag your hand on the mouse pad all day. The cut-away at the left allows for the LED zone to show through it too.
The cover is kept light, but sturdy, with an outer shell supported by the honeycomb framework behind it. There are also a pair of square sections with screws in them. The screws hold magnets inside of the cover, which attaches to corresponding holes in the mouse.
The manual may be the one thing you need to keep around, at least until you get the mouse connected the way you like it most. While basic connectivity and usage are covered, the manual offers step-by-step guides for wireless connectivity and special instructions for Bluetooth connectivity as well. Also in here are multiple languages of said information, as well as terms of the warranty and any legal and disposal information.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair Dark Core RGB SE Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair Dark Core RGB SE Gaming Mouse retails for £ at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena of Valor will debut to the Nintendo Switch September
- Here's the list of NVIDIA RTX-capable games
- FromSoftware reveal 15 minutes of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Boot Selection Always Shows up on Startup
- Z87 pro4 bios setting not sticking
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- RAZER UNVEILS NEW PLAYSTATION 4 WIRELESS LINEUP WITH OFFICIALLY LICENSED RAIJU CONTROLLERS, AND THRESHER HEADSET
- JUST CAUSE 4 WORLD EXCLUSIVE TORNADO GAMEPLAY REVEAL
- CIRCLE Entertainment will publish platformer Button Button on Nintendo Switch
- 11-11: MEMORIES RETOLDSTORY TRAILER REVEALED
- Microids fills out its catalogue for the end of 2018!