Packaging and Overview
That box shot came out pretty nicely; it captures the brushed steel look embedded within the box art. Packaging is top notch; the motherboard is well protected inside a foam motherboard tray.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s, SLI HB Bridge, WIFI antenna, IO shield, case badge, postcard, driver DVD, and manual.
ASRock put in five fan headers and has renamed four out of the five headers as /WP headers, which means they also double as water pump headers. The headers with /WP offer up to 2A of current, while the one header circled in blue is rated for 1A. All the headers circled in red can operate as PWM or DC mode headers, but the header in blue is PWM by default as it's meant for a CPU fan. The motherboard offers a sleeker aesthetic appeal, with a more unique PCH heat sink and shields over the audio and IO panel. The rear of the motherboard isn't bare of ICs but has a few.
The rear IO panel features clear CMOS button, WIFI antenna outputs, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, six USB 3.0 ports (ports 5 and 6 offer Ultra USB Power), USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, 1Gbit LAN (red), HDMI, 10Gbit LAN (black port), and 7.1 gold-plated audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is simple; the top two x16 slots operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8 PCI-E 3.0 from the CPU. The PCI-E 2.0 x1 slots are linked to the PCH through a hub (which also provides for the WIFI/SATA). The last x16 slot is electrically x4 PCI-E 2.0 and shares all its bandwidth with the second M.2 slot. The top M.2 slot offers an x4 PCI-E 3.0 link and provides a heat sink.
The bottom M.2 slot shares x4 PCI-E 2.0 with the last PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot. There are two extra SATA6Gb/s ports from an ASMedia chip, with the other six coming from the chipset. There is also a USB 3.0 internal header at a right angle near the SATA ports.
Right below the 24-pin power connector is a USB 3.0 internal header and a USB 3.1 type-C header. Right below the CPU socket is an AMD fan RGB LED header and a USB 2.0 single internal header, both used for connecting AMD RGB coolers to the motherboard.
At the bottom right corner of the motherboard is the power button, reset button, POST code display, clear CMOS button, and front panel headers. At the top right of the motherboard, we find the 8-pin CPU power header and a 4-pin power header for extra power.
There are two USB 2.0 internal headers at the bottom of the motherboard as well as more front panel headers. There is also an RGB LED header and an addressable RGB LED header. Heatsinks are located on the VRM, PCH, M.2 slot, and 10G NIC.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X470 Taichi Ultimate Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director