10G NIC: The 10Gbit NIC is what makes this motherboard stand out from the rest of ASRock's line up, and a built-in 10G NIC is rare among X470 motherboards in general. However, we think it makes sense for a platform that will be used for content production since moving a lot of data over a modern 1Gbit network can be painful.
OC Features: We get a very large VRM built with quality components, and it does very well under the thermal camera. ASRock also included a bunch of overclocking settings including a POST code display and buttons for clear CMOS.
Ready for the future: We find dual M.2 slots, and the top one has a heat sink and is rated for x4 PCI-E 3.0. We also find rear and internal USB 3.1 (10Gb/s) ports, so your future devices will be supported. The motherboard also features a 256Mbit BIOS ROM so that the BIOS can be improved/expanded in the future.
WIFI: The WIFI card is rated 1x1 for 433Mbps, but most other X470 motherboards offer 867Mbps or even higher.
The ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate is a supercharged Taichi motherboard, and we believe it's a type of replacement for the Fatal1ty gaming series. In the past, ASRock has had both a Taichi and a Fatal1ty Gaming, but we believe because of the vast popularity of the Taichi, ASRock has put all their resources towards the Taichi brand.
The Taichi brand has had a solid record for providing enthusiasts and gamers exactly what they want at a reasonable price, and in this case, they offer slightly more. If you want a solid X470 motherboard with a 10G NIC, give the X470 Taichi Ultimate a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: ASRock's X470 Taichi Ultimate brings together everything you need in a high-end motherboard for AMD's latest processors with a 10Gbit NIC.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X470 Taichi Ultimate Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 25-years of DOOM celebrated with DOOM update for Switch
- Peter Jackson could help Amazon's Lord Of The Rings TV show
- Stardew Valley on Switch receives Multiplayer Update Dec 12
- Smash Bros. Ultimate director discusses 3rd-party characters
- Smash Bros. UItimate is fastest-selling Switch game so far
- How To use Cerisea Medica Pain Relief ?
- AORUS LED i2c control?
- Digital Extremes' Warframe Brings Good Karma And Fortuna To PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Today
- Capcom Announces Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Expansion For Acclaimed, Record-Breaking Action RPG Coming Autumn 2019
- White Box Vendors Losing Share in 100 GE Data Center Switching Market During 2018, According to Dell'Oro Group
- LSAC Announces Technology Collaboration with Microsoft
- Mac Malware Appears on the WatchGuard 'Top Ten Malware List' for First Time