10G NIC: The 10Gbit NIC is what makes this motherboard stand out from the rest of ASRock's line up, and a built-in 10G NIC is rare among X470 motherboards in general. However, we think it makes sense for a platform that will be used for content production since moving a lot of data over a modern 1Gbit network can be painful.
OC Features: We get a very large VRM built with quality components, and it does very well under the thermal camera. ASRock also included a bunch of overclocking settings including a POST code display and buttons for clear CMOS.
Ready for the future: We find dual M.2 slots, and the top one has a heat sink and is rated for x4 PCI-E 3.0. We also find rear and internal USB 3.1 (10Gb/s) ports, so your future devices will be supported. The motherboard also features a 256Mbit BIOS ROM so that the BIOS can be improved/expanded in the future.
WIFI: The WIFI card is rated 1x1 for 433Mbps, but most other X470 motherboards offer 867Mbps or even higher.
The ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate is a supercharged Taichi motherboard, and we believe it's a type of replacement for the Fatal1ty gaming series. In the past, ASRock has had both a Taichi and a Fatal1ty Gaming, but we believe because of the vast popularity of the Taichi, ASRock has put all their resources towards the Taichi brand.
The Taichi brand has had a solid record for providing enthusiasts and gamers exactly what they want at a reasonable price, and in this case, they offer slightly more. If you want a solid X470 motherboard with a 10G NIC, give the X470 Taichi Ultimate a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: ASRock's X470 Taichi Ultimate brings together everything you need in a high-end motherboard for AMD's latest processors with a 10Gbit NIC.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X470 Taichi Ultimate Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Danny Trejo introduces Magic: The Gathering Arena Open Beta
- Dark Souls Remastered for Switch: Network Test available
- Platinum Games addresses Bayonetta 3 development progress
- Nintendo Switch NES Emulator successfully hacked, new games?
- AMD's new Radeon 18.9.2 drivers improve Fortnite, more games
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat
- IBM Takes Major Step in Breaking Open the Black Box of AI
- Genpact Launches Cora CommandCenter to Transform Digital Workforce Performance and Automation Governance