Inside the CMT520
One bad thing about adding the bezel is that FSP left the wires connected to the panel. Air flows through the small slits on either side and up from the bottom, to provide the three 120mm RGB fans hanging in the chassis with fresh air.
If there were an optical bay bracket hanging from the front and one less fan installed, we would be looking into the CMT330. The CMT 520 uses an identical layout, with the two changes mentioned.
The front of the chassis is used to support the trio of fans but also has room for a radiator down its entire height. To the left of the fans, we find two of the locations to mount 2.5" drives, with large holes to get wires to them.
Once the dust filter is removed, you gain access to the optional cooling at the top of the CMT520. There are two sets of slots, one allowing three 120mm fans or a 360mm radiator, while the other set is for two 140mm fans or a 280mm radiator.
The motherboard tray has a large access hole and eight decent sized holes for wires, but not s single grommet to be seen. There are plenty of places to tie wires to, and again, FSP does not install all of the standoffs.
The PSU cover is the same as what is seen in the CMT330 as well. It is a good design, but we do feel a removable HDD cage is expected in this model. FSP is inset into the steel at the right, while at the left steel is removed to see the sticker on the PSU.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google's Stadia changes gaming forever
- Atari VCS console upgraded to Ryzen APU
- SEGA's survey dictates 'the next steps' for many SEGA titles
- Valve CEO teases Half-Life 3 to release in next '4-5 years'
- To get into Mortal Kombat 11 closed beta you'll have to pay
- How can we update our Website design?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms