Intel Optane SSD 905P 960GB AIC PCIe NVMe SSD
Intel's Optane SSD 905P packaging is one of the most attractive we've seen.
The back of the packaging features an image of the enclosed SSD, lists a bit of pertinent information about the enclosed SSD, its warranty, form factor, and included optional low-profile bracket.
The drive and additional mounting bracket are cradled in dense foam rubber cut-outs.
The front of the drive is covered by a full-length aluminum heat sink. LED's are striped along the edges.
The rear of the drive is covered by protective metal plate. There is a manufacturer label located close to the mounting bracket.
We will not be doing a teardown for fear of damaging the drive. We can tell you what is on the inside though. The 905P is powered by a 7-channel Intel NVMe controller. The 905P 960GB AIC is populated with (28) 3D XPoint memory packages. 7x32GB+7x64GB front and 14x32GB rear - 1,120GB in total. Optane memory media does not require overprovisioning, so we assume the extra capacity is used for ECC and redundancy. The 905P is a DRAM-less design.
There are airflow vent holes located at the mounting bracket and airflow channels that open at the back of the heat sink.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & More]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks 70/30 Mixed Workload & Sustained Seq. Write]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros cancer patient thanks community for Ultimate demo
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- IDTechEx Research Releases New Report on Drones 2018-2038: Components, Technologies, Roadmaps, Market Forecasts
- SOC Telemed Announces Partnership with Sound Physicians
- Star Sky 3, the final installment of the popular series just released today on Steam!
- Das Boot VR will release on Hologate this fall
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village is coming today to mobile!