Intel Optane SSD 905P 960GB AIC PCIe NVMe SSD
Intel's Optane SSD 905P packaging is one of the most attractive we've seen.
The back of the packaging features an image of the enclosed SSD, lists a bit of pertinent information about the enclosed SSD, its warranty, form factor, and included optional low-profile bracket.
The drive and additional mounting bracket are cradled in dense foam rubber cut-outs.
The front of the drive is covered by a full-length aluminum heat sink. LED's are striped along the edges.
The rear of the drive is covered by protective metal plate. There is a manufacturer label located close to the mounting bracket.
We will not be doing a teardown for fear of damaging the drive. We can tell you what is on the inside though. The 905P is powered by a 7-channel Intel NVMe controller. The 905P 960GB AIC is populated with (28) 3D XPoint memory packages. 7x32GB+7x64GB front and 14x32GB rear - 1,120GB in total. Optane memory media does not require overprovisioning, so we assume the extra capacity is used for ECC and redundancy. The 905P is a DRAM-less design.
There are airflow vent holes located at the mounting bracket and airflow channels that open at the back of the heat sink.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & More]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks 70/30 Mixed Workload & Sustained Seq. Write]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]