Inside the CMT230 Continued
The PSU cover is solid from front to back, and the side of it has the FSP name pressed into it. Again we see rivets holding in the drive cage below it, but there are three holes near the motherboard tray to allow wires to pass through it.
The back of the chassis holds the third blue LED 120mm fan, and we also see that it uses a 4-pin Molex connection for power. The expansion slots are accessed externally, and now is as good a time as any to break out the ones needed, as once the motherboard is in, it is too late.
Behind the motherboard tray, we can see the wires running down the left side with 20mm of room, and the hardware is hanging at the bottom of them. On the left, you can mount an SSD near the top, facing this way, and below another can go in, but it is made to face the front.
Back to the front of the chassis, this time below the motherboard tray, we find the open rack to fill with 3.5" drives only. We can also see that the front fans also use Molex power connections.
The remainder of the area is left to fill with a PSU and wires from it. There are raised steel rails to support the PSU, and the bottom is ventilated, and the PSU slides over the support rail of the chassis to be installed.
The wires are not extraordinarily long, but in a smaller chassis they do not need to be, and there is enough length to get them all connected. We see the thin wires which are used for the buttons and LEDs, but the thicker HD Audio, USB 2.0, and native USB 3.0 leads are all here too.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The FSP CMT230 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Disney+ includes free 4K streaming, supports 4 simultaneous streams
- Bandai Namco: Epic Store exclusivity isn't our vision
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie announced, drops October 11 on Netflix
- The best destruction physics in a game EVER, also features ray tracing
- NASA investigating first SPACE CRIME, as astronaut is naughty on ISS
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best