Inside the CMT230 Continued
The PSU cover is solid from front to back, and the side of it has the FSP name pressed into it. Again we see rivets holding in the drive cage below it, but there are three holes near the motherboard tray to allow wires to pass through it.
The back of the chassis holds the third blue LED 120mm fan, and we also see that it uses a 4-pin Molex connection for power. The expansion slots are accessed externally, and now is as good a time as any to break out the ones needed, as once the motherboard is in, it is too late.
Behind the motherboard tray, we can see the wires running down the left side with 20mm of room, and the hardware is hanging at the bottom of them. On the left, you can mount an SSD near the top, facing this way, and below another can go in, but it is made to face the front.
Back to the front of the chassis, this time below the motherboard tray, we find the open rack to fill with 3.5" drives only. We can also see that the front fans also use Molex power connections.
The remainder of the area is left to fill with a PSU and wires from it. There are raised steel rails to support the PSU, and the bottom is ventilated, and the PSU slides over the support rail of the chassis to be installed.
The wires are not extraordinarily long, but in a smaller chassis they do not need to be, and there is enough length to get them all connected. We see the thin wires which are used for the buttons and LEDs, but the thicker HD Audio, USB 2.0, and native USB 3.0 leads are all here too.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The FSP CMT230 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The FSP CMT230 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Stan Lee, Marvel Comics super-star dies at age 95
- PUBG player base falls under 1 million concurrent on Steam
- Sea of Thieves update includes PvP mode called 'The Arena'
- QNAP launches QNA series Thunderbolt 3 to 10GbE adapter
- Alibaba shopping festival: $1 billion sales in 85 SECONDS!
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch