Inside the CMT230 Continued
The PSU cover is solid from front to back, and the side of it has the FSP name pressed into it. Again we see rivets holding in the drive cage below it, but there are three holes near the motherboard tray to allow wires to pass through it.
The back of the chassis holds the third blue LED 120mm fan, and we also see that it uses a 4-pin Molex connection for power. The expansion slots are accessed externally, and now is as good a time as any to break out the ones needed, as once the motherboard is in, it is too late.
Behind the motherboard tray, we can see the wires running down the left side with 20mm of room, and the hardware is hanging at the bottom of them. On the left, you can mount an SSD near the top, facing this way, and below another can go in, but it is made to face the front.
Back to the front of the chassis, this time below the motherboard tray, we find the open rack to fill with 3.5" drives only. We can also see that the front fans also use Molex power connections.
The remainder of the area is left to fill with a PSU and wires from it. There are raised steel rails to support the PSU, and the bottom is ventilated, and the PSU slides over the support rail of the chassis to be installed.
The wires are not extraordinarily long, but in a smaller chassis they do not need to be, and there is enough length to get them all connected. We see the thin wires which are used for the buttons and LEDs, but the thicker HD Audio, USB 2.0, and native USB 3.0 leads are all here too.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The FSP CMT230 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The FSP CMT230 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases