Tyler's Router Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IX Hero (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K (buy from Amazon) / (Read our Review)
- Memory: G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200 (buy from Amazon)
- Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Hybrid (buy from Amazon)
- OS Storage: Intel 730 480GB SSD (buy from Amazon) / (Read our Review)
- Secondary Storage: MyDigitalSSD BP5 512GB SSD (buy from Amazon)
- Case: EVGA DG-86 (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 (buy from Amazon)
- Networking: ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 (buy from Amazon)
- Networking: ASUS ROG 10G Express
- I/O: ASUS Thunderbolt EX3 (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (buy from Amazon)
At this point, we are nearly 60 routers deep in our charts and for the most part LAN performance usually maxes out wired gigabit capabilities. That said the Nighthawk XR500 keeps with the trend offering 942Mbps.
WAN throughput came through at 921.65Mbps
The XR500 was pretty impressive in its wireless performance with 338Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 856Mbps on the 5GHz band, 3rd place out of all routers tested.
Mobile throughput was pretty good as well, reaching 102Mbps in 2.4GHz and 566Mbps with 5GHz,1st place as of this writing.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi Router- Powered by Netduma DumaOS AC2600 Dual band wireless Gigabit Ethernet speeds- Control your ping and latency- Works with Xbox, PlayStation, PC and more, (XR500) retails for £274.99 at Amazon UK.