There is nothing about the K63 Wireless that would make us lead you away from this keyboard. Yes, there is the fact that holding Function and F12 did nothing for us, but if it is access to sleep mode, the keyboard already does that if you wait a few minutes. As a standalone product, we like what we see here. We like TKL keyboards anyways, and it did not take us long to get used to Cherry MX Red switches again. We do like the bright blue LEDs that come with the normal version, but if you want that Ice Blue backlighting go ahead and buy the SE model. Keep in mind though, this is also the backbone of the K63 Gaming Lapboard, and will make wireless gaming from the couch so much easier. The K63 Wireless is well thought out, structurally sound, and will get the job done no matter how it is used.
Many might argue that wireless devices have no place in gaming, and that would be true if this were five to ten years ago. However, as things advance, life gets better. As we said, much earlier, if put to a blind test while gaming, you would be hard pressed to see a difference from wired to wireless at this point. It is possible it may show up in some latency testing that nobody has access to in the wild, but we never found the K63 Wireless to be the reason we died in the game, or got ahead of its capabilities while typing. If like us, you are tired of having cables to run across the living room to use with the HTPC, there are only a couple of viable options at this time, and even fewer made for gamers. Even if using this in the office, the lack of a cable is nice, and as long as you have a good signal for wireless and Bluetooth functionality, you are good to go.
We like that the Corsair K63 Wireless Gaming Keyboard is excellent in the traditional sense of a wired keyboard. However, there is so much more to give. The keyboard can utilize the receiver to be used with any device sporting a USB port, and for more modern devices with Bluetooth 4.2 or better, just by pairing the keyboard and adding in a passkey, you are good to go there too. On top of that, you still have the option to grab the Gaming Lapboard and give yourself a surface to game from just about anywhere, as long as you do not go past the 33-foot limit or transmission. For just more than $100 for the standard or SE versions of the K63 Wireless, the only question left, is why aren't you getting one right now? If it were our money, and in need of such a product, we would be all over this.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||96%|
The Bottom Line: Corsair hit the nail on the head with the K63 Wireless. It delivers everything you need to go wireless and game in the dark, all while keeping the cost down so that anyone can afford it and appreciate it.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair K63 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair K63 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Corsair K63 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the K63 Wireless]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dr. Strange/Avengers buildings spotted in Spider-Man trailer
- Stunlock Studios releases Battlerite Royale gameplay trailer
- Travis Scott will curate entire NBA 2K19 soundtrack
- DICE to release new Battlefield V gameplay trailer today
- Metro Exodus Aurora Limited Edition announced
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA
- PUBG Mobile Gets Competitive With First Ever 'Player Well Known' Invitational And Championship
- Intel Introduces New NUC Kits and NUC Mini PCs to the Intel NUC
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us