We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subject's descent into steady-state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds.
We observe steady-state for the 2TB DC P4510 is achieved at 4,000 seconds of preconditioning. Average steady-state workload performance at QD256 is approximately 70.5K IOPS. We observe steady-state for the 8TB DC P4510 is achieved at 13,000 seconds of preconditioning. Average steady-state workload performance at QD256 is approximately 116.5K IOPS. The tight preconditioning patterns with few to no outlying IO's we see in the above charts is testament to the high QoS delivered by the DC P4510.
An Email Server workload is a demanding 8K test with a 50 percent R/W distribution. This application gives a good indication of how well a drive will perform in a write-heavy workload environment.
The results of this test harken back to what we said earlier. Even though the 9100 MAX delivers far higher random write performance at queue depths of four and greater, performance at QD1-2 is much more important. This is why we see the DC P4510 delivering much better performance than the 9100 MAX within the typical operating region of QD1-9 even though this is a write-intensive mixed workload.
Conclusion (TL;DR): Performance where it matters. This is what Intel's DC P4510 is all about.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel DC P4510 2TB & 8TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel DC P4510 2TB & 8TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitmain announces next-gen Antminer ASICs ship soon with 7nm
- NCIX servers sold on Craigslist with 15 years of user data
- GIVEAWAY: ADATA SPECTRIX D80 DDR4 3000MHz 32GB Memory Kit
- DICE addresses ridiculous death experience in Battlefield V
- Huawei's upcoming foldable smartphone could feature 5G tech
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam