300W VRM: The VRM used here is very high quality and utilizes a new Infineon design to achieve ridiculously high power output requirements. When you overclock an 18-core Intel CPU, you are pulling anywhere from 500-550W, and this VRM is rated for 300W at default, but can easily go up to double of that while maintaining over 94% efficiency.
Dual U.2 and M.2: Options and more options are what you find on the C9X299-PG300 motherboard when it comes to the latest in NVMe storage options.
10Gbit LAN: Utilizing a 10Gbit Aquantia NIC that supports 5G and 2.5G modes as well as 1G and 100M, you are pretty much future proof when it comes to wired networking on this motherboard.
Simple and Sleek: The motherboard doesn't use plastic for its shields. Instead it goes all metal, and not only does this reinforce the motherboard, but it also makes it very heavy and it feels very solid.
Five Fan Headers : The motherboard has five fan headers that are PWM only, which kind of limits your options. Many other motherboards in this price range have more headers.
Supermicro's C9X299-PG300 is the epitome of basic high-end. It's simple, sleek, and strong where it counts. One of the biggest issues plaguing X299 motherboards was the fact that many of their VRMs couldn't handle the new CPU when overclocked, and that's where this motherboard succeeds.
It's using parts that no other consumer motherboard use, and that's because of Supermicro's ability to source very high-end server hardware and use that hardware on their consumer motherboards. If you are looking for a quality motherboard with a ton of bells and whistles, give the C9X299-PG300 a shot.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: Supermicro's C9X299-PG300 is a robust motherboard with an extremely high-quality VRM, a 10Gbit NIC, and sleek hardcore durable aesthetics to match.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C9X299-PG300 Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C9X299-PG300 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C9X299-PG300 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Joker director hints at sequel 'I would do anything with Joaquin'
- GameStop lays off 120 staff members, 14% off total staff eliminated
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord sticks a landing on Steam, March 2020
- The One Punch Man game forces players to stall until Saitama arrives
- World's first real-world quantum network built with brand new protocol
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Yubico Launches the World's First Lightning-Compatible Security Key, the YubiKey 5Ci
- Monkey King: Hero Is Back Pre-Orders Now Open on Steam
- Lionsgate and Bloober Team Release New Blair Witch 'Insanity' Story Trailer
- PINBRAWLER CREATURE IN THE WELL PRE-ORDERS NOW LIVE GAME LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 6
- NEW DATING SIM GAME ANNOUNCED: NOW WITH 100% MORE DOGS You'll want to get your paws on this one On Valentine's Day, 2020