Packaging and Overview
Packaging is done quite well, and the motherboard is very well protected in the box.
The accessory package includes two SATA6Gb/s, IO shield, case badge, M.2 screws, manuals, post card, and driver DVD.
ASRock has made some changes from their typical fan offerings. They do have the standard five headers, the CPU one is circled in red and is a PWM header. The other four headers are PWM or DC mode headers (you can set that up in the UEFI), and each can pump up to 2A of current into anything that might need that much current. The motherboard looks high-end with gray shields, and the back of the board is bare of components.
The rear IO panel features a PS/2 port, two USB 2.0 ports, two USB 3.0 ports, VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI, Gbit LAN, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, and gold plated 7.1 audio output with S/PDIF out. There is also a mount for a WIFI antenna.
We have one PCI-E x16 slot running at x16 PCI-E 3.0, the second x16 slot is PCI-E 3.0 x4, and will drop down to x2 if either the third or fourth PCI-E x1 slot is occupied. The other x1 slots and the x4 slot are routed to the PCH. Both Ultra M.2 slots are x4 PCI-E 3.0, and both support SATA devices.
If M2_1 is occupied by a SATA device, SATA_2 will be disabled. If M_2 is occupied by a SATA device, then SATA_1 will be disabled, if it's a PCI-E device SATA_0 will be disabled. If M2_3 (the WIFI slot) is occupied, the second PCI-E x1 slot will be disabled. The WIFI slots supports Intel's new CNVI technology.
We get two internal USB 3.0 headers on the motherboard and six SATA6Gb/s ports.
Near the 8-pin power connector, we find an RGB LED header. Another RGB header and an addressable RGB header (similar to ASUS's) are located near the USB 2.0 headers. We also get a COM header at the bottom of the motherboard.
We get two USB 2.0 headers on the motherboard as well. All the heat sinks are screwed into the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions