Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption
System power is measured at the wall with an AC power meter.
Note on Thermal Images: In the temperature section, we use our Seek thermal imaging camera to capture the surface temperatures of major components on the board. I look at the VRM and then all other things that light up the screen. If there is something to worry about, then I will state it. Otherwise, I will just show the hotter running parts of the board for fun. Unless some component is over 80-90C, then there isn't anything to worry about.
All systems will act differently, so I will look for commonalities, such as how far from the VRM the heat spreads through the PCB and the difference in temperature between the front side and backside of the PCB. Keep in mind, the majority of the heat from the VRM goes into the PCB as it is a giant soldered on copper heat sink. A lower temperature on the front of the PCB points towards a more effective heat sink.
Thermal Testing at Stock Speeds:
The image on the left is always at idle, and the image on the right is at load. During ALL TESTS, fans above the VRM that cool the CPU cooler's (Corsair H110i) radiator are turned on to high (12v).
Up-close of the front of the VRM.
Up-close of the back of the VRM.
The STRIX H370-I GAMING's VRM is decent for an H370 mini-ITX motherboard; although I am not sure why ASUS hid half the heat sink under a plastic shroud, it still does okay as long as you have some sort of airflow. Anything under 60C is great, 60-80C is acceptable, and anything above 80C is a bit worrisome (if at stock).
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG player base falls under 1 million concurrent on Steam
- Sea of Thieves update includes PvP mode called 'The Arena'
- QNAP launches QNA series Thunderbolt 3 to 10GbE adapter
- Alibaba shopping festival: $1 billion sales in 85 SECONDS!
- Fallout 76 post-launch plans highlighted
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch