Jon's Consumer PCIe SSD Z270 Intel Review Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASRock Z270 Taichi - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 5.0GHz - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Cooler: Swiftech H2O-320 Edge - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3200MHz - Buy from Amazon
- Video Card: Onboard Video
- Case: IN WIN X-Frame - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Seasonic Platinum 1000 Watt Modular - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
MDD SBX 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD OS Disk 75% Full
MDD SBX 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD OS Disk 75% Full
The majority of our testing is performed with our test drive as our boot volume. Our boot volume is 75% full for all OS Disk "C" drive testing to replicate a typical consumer OS volume implementation. We feel that most of you will be utilizing your SSDs for your boot volume and that presenting you with results from an OS volume is more relevant than presenting you with empty secondary volume results.
System settings: Cstates and Speed stepping are both disabled in our systems BIOS. Windows High-Performance power plan is enabled. Windows write caching is enabled, and Windows buffer flushing is disabled. We are utilizing Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS (Build 14393) for all of our testing except for our MOP (Maxed-Out Performance) benchmarks where we switch to Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit. Empty Windows 10 benchmark screenshots will also be shown on our MOP page.
Please note: When comparing our results to those of other review sites, look at page 10 Maxed Out Performance-Windows 10 which is done with the disk empty.
Benchmark screenshots will be shown 256GB model first followed by the 512GB model. No screenshots for the 128GB model will be shown. The 128GB model will appear on our charts.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Unity Engine shines bright in 'The Heretic' tech demo at GDC
- DOOM Eternal runs at 4K 60FPS on Google Stadia in the cloud
- Disney and Pixar release the first trailer to Toy Story 4
- NVIDIA's next-gen RTX server pods pack 1280 Turing GPUs
- Google's console-killer Stadia wages war on the industry
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms