Jon's Consumer PCIe SSD Z270 Intel Review Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASRock Z270 Taichi - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 5.0GHz - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Cooler: Swiftech H2O-320 Edge - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3200MHz - Buy from Amazon
- Video Card: Onboard Video
- Case: IN WIN X-Frame - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Seasonic Platinum 1000 Watt Modular - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
MDD SBX 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD OS Disk 75% Full
MDD SBX 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD OS Disk 75% Full
The majority of our testing is performed with our test drive as our boot volume. Our boot volume is 75% full for all OS Disk "C" drive testing to replicate a typical consumer OS volume implementation. We feel that most of you will be utilizing your SSDs for your boot volume and that presenting you with results from an OS volume is more relevant than presenting you with empty secondary volume results.
System settings: Cstates and Speed stepping are both disabled in our systems BIOS. Windows High-Performance power plan is enabled. Windows write caching is enabled, and Windows buffer flushing is disabled. We are utilizing Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS (Build 14393) for all of our testing except for our MOP (Maxed-Out Performance) benchmarks where we switch to Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit. Empty Windows 10 benchmark screenshots will also be shown on our MOP page.
Please note: When comparing our results to those of other review sites, look at page 10 Maxed Out Performance-Windows 10 which is done with the disk empty.
Benchmark screenshots will be shown 256GB model first followed by the 512GB model. No screenshots for the 128GB model will be shown. The 128GB model will appear on our charts.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD retails for $ at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director