Version and / or Patch Used: 3.05
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products. When evaluating ATTO performance we focus on the drive's performance curve.
We are able to attain factory max sequential performance specifications despite this test running at only QD4.
Overall, this is the best performance curve we've seen from any flash-based SSD. The 970 EVO doesn't max out as high as WD/SanDisk's Extreme Pro, but that's not what we are looking for. We are looking for as vertical of a performance curve as possible, and this is where the 970 EVO is delivering the best we've seen. Lab record.
The 970 EVO's small-file performance gives us exactly what we are looking for. However, at transfer sizes larger than 16KB, the 970 EVO drops off a bit exactly like the 960 EVO does. Our chart only goes up to 8MB transfer size, so while we can see from the benchmark screenshot that the 970 EVO exceeds 3500MB/s it is not reflected on our chart.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4K QD16. When evaluating performance with Anvils, we focus on total score. When evaluating NVMe SSDs we are typically looking for a minimum total score of over 10K. We place a greater importance on read performance than write performance.
In terms of total score, the 970 EVO 1TB sets a new lab record for flash-based consumer SSDs. The write score is also a new lab record. However, Samsung's 960 Pro still retains the crown for overall synthetic read performance.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
We are hitting 279,000 4K random read IOPS at QD32 with our system disk 75% full.
The 970 EVO delivers random read performance that is almost identical to SanDisk's Extreme Pro at queue depths of up 16. At queue depths above 16, the Extreme Pro pulls away. Overall the 970 EVO delivers the fourth best performance curve coming in behind the M9Pe, 960 Pro and the Extreme Pro.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
At QD32 with a partition on our drive, and 75% full we are able to easily surpasses factory specs which are given at QD128.
This is another lab record for highest IOPS. However, we value low queue depth random performance more than high queue depth performance. Even though this is the best performance curve we've seen from a Samsung SSD, it's not as good as we are getting from SanDisk's Extreme Pro and Intel's 750.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benches (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks 70/30 Mixed Workload & Sustained Seq. Write]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros cancer patient thanks community for Ultimate demo
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- IDTechEx Research Releases New Report on Drones 2018-2038: Components, Technologies, Roadmaps, Market Forecasts
- SOC Telemed Announces Partnership with Sound Physicians
- Star Sky 3, the final installment of the popular series just released today on Steam!
- Das Boot VR will release on Hologate this fall
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village is coming today to mobile!