Beefed Up VRM: With a small push from AMD vendors have started to really beef up their top level motherboard VRMs, and GIGABYTE's is very well equipped. You get 10 phases with IR3553 at 40A each, and inductors with high enough rating to allow all that current through. Now, components aren't the only thing you need to focus on, you also need solid cooling, and the new motherboard offers a more effective traditional fin-type heat sink that greatly improves temperatures.
1.733Gbps WIFI: GIGABYTE didn't really touch on this much in their marketing, but they are employing the new Intel Wireless-AC chip that supports the 160MHz band on top of the currently supported bands, and that offers up to 1733Mbps in bandwidth. We are hearing reports from other companies that work with this NIC that they are hitting GBit speeds, which is very impressive. When newer routers come out, the new WIFI card will be able to take full advantage of the new 160MHz support.
Audio: Using the latest ALC1220 with improved input SNR, an ESS Sabre DAC, and proper hardware on the motherboard, the integrated audio on the Gaming 7 is good enough to make you happy with onboard audio.
Tons of Cooling and RGB: Eight fan headers, full control, two 2A headers, and two extra external temperature input headers are what the motherboard offers in regards to cooling. They even provide two temperature sensors for those headers, so you can put one in your GPU and use your GPU temperature as a reference for fan control. We also find two RGBW headers, one RGB header, and two 5v/12v digital (addressable) RGB LED headers, so RGB support is top notch.
Pricey: At $300 the X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI is one of the most expensive X470 motherboards. Pricing has since been updated to $239.99
The GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI is a very well equipped motherboard with top of the line features and solid circuit execution. The motherboard is very feature rich apart from the chipset; it offers a wide variety of 3rd party controllers and a lot of customized chips to achieve certain things such as expanded fan and RGB control. Overclocking was simple and easy, and memory overclocking was solid as well.
We love the new VRM heat sink, which makes direct heat pipe contact with the heat pads that touch the power stages, and it might be one of the best VRM heat sinks we have seen on a while outside of workstations and servers. GIGABYTE did rethink and re-design their X370 Aorus Gaming 7 into the X470 Aorus Gaming 7, and those improvements are worth noting. If you want a solid X470 motherboard with a wide variety of features, quality, and performance, give the X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: GIGABYTE loaded the X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI with the very latest in technology and solid quality components in a complete high-end package.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- It costs $600 to unlock everything in Red Dead Online
- Over-monetization will kill Fallout 76
- Heroes of the Storm isn't dead, it's just slowing down
- PS4 sales hit 88 million, surpass PS3
- Relying solely on eSports is risky for competitors
- Core HT 231D - replacement CPU fan
- ASRock z390 Taichi v1.80 BIOS SSD issues
- ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 and Intel AC 9260 WiFi card
- Areca ARC-8050U3 USB-C RAID DAS Review
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire