The CPUs and Coolers
There isn't too much to see here as the box has remained unchanged from initial Ryzen release.
Packaging has also remained unchanged; the coolers are boxed separately from the processors.
The CPUs are also very similar in regards to the shape of the internal heat spreader and the pins on the underside.
Here we have the new cooler, the Wraith Prism that comes with the 2700X, along with the Wraith Spire (no LED) that comes with the 2600X. Thermal paste is pre-applied on both coolers as well. There is a tiny switch on the Prism that allows you to put the fan into a low-performance (quiet) or high performance (louder) mode. You can also control the RGB LEDs through the motherboard using either a USB interface or an RGB interface, which is why you get two cables and most AM4 motherboards have RGB/USB internal headers near the CPU socket. By default, if you don't plug anything into the cooler, it will operate with a moving digitally addressable rainbow ring. The fan and AMD logo will also go through a rainbow sequence, and we found the colors really neat.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Process and Product Improvements]
- Page 3 [Cooler and Platform Improvements]
- Page 4 [The CPUs and Coolers]
- Page 5 [Test Setup]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 7 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake and More]
- Page 8 [Out of the Box Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and More]
- Page 9 [Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider and More]
- Page 10 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]