Kanie made a name for itself a while back with its model 238 Hedgehog. It provided some much needed cooling options for a processor that was beginning to take the world by storm namely the AMD Thunderbird. Their newest Hedgehog continues to live up to the high standards that were originally set by the company.
If you plan on jumping into the AMD bandwagon and especially if you get one of the newer processors, you're just going to need some very strong cooling capabilities. The Hedgehog cooler here represents a very viable option when it comes to spending your hard earned dollars on a quality heatsink/fan setup.
With two fan options, Kanie has given you some flexibility when it comes time to get a HSF. For those who are looking at either no overclocking or a moderate level of added speed, take a look at the 294M with the Melco fan. It's a slower fan that still allows a very respectable level of cooling under these circumstances. For those who are looking for a more aggressive boost, check into the 294M with the Delta fan. While it doesn't beat out the Gladiator, it does manage to make it a race and also keeps processor temperatures well within acceptable limits.
Bottom line...While not the absolute best heatsink available, it is very competitive and is worthy of your consideration when it comes time to spend some cooling dollars.
Melco fan is QUIET!
Very good cooling (with Delta)
Delta fan option
No thermal paste on base
No fan grill
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM