Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
Up till now, we have seen three mechanical keyboards from HyperX, all of which have very similar names. First comes the Alloy FPS, which is the entry product by name, but was a keyboard which sported many features we wish had been offered in the entire lineup. Then came the Alloy Elite which was the top of the line for HyperX. We then saw the Alloy FPS Pro, which is pretty much the Alloy FPS with more lighting modes. As we can see, HyperX is not against listening to their users and reworking a product to offer the masses what they want on a mechanical gaming keyboard.
The reworking of a design is what has us here today, and we are about to look at the evolution of the Alloy Elite. With the latest incarnation, we will see that three things have changed. First of all, the new design is RGB LED backlit this time, and second, while Cherry MX Brown switches were in the Alloy Elite options, our sample shipped with red switches. The third, and likely most important to power users is that HyperX has added new software called NGenuity, and is said to work across all of their new software-enabled devices.
Today we will be having an up-close look at the newest of the lineup, the Alloy Elite RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard from HyperX. The Alloy Elite RGB is the new pinnacle product from HyperX, and while boasting a few new things the rest of the lineup lacked, it is easy to see that HyperX has their head in the game, and is now delivering something we are sure many wanted all along.
As it is part of the name of the HyperX Alloy Elite RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, it would only make sense if the switches were indeed mechanical. That now out in the open, there are three options of switches to choose when purchasing this keyboard as well. The model we have contains Cherry MX Brown switches, but HyperX also offers Cherry MX Reds as an option, as well as Cherry MX Blue switches. Unlike any of the previous keyboards, the Alloy Elite RGB has RGB backlighting and offers three modes along with a fully custom layout ability, and outside of turning off the LEDs, there are three levels of brightness.
The Alloy Elite RGB has default settings for the essential things, which cannot be addressed or changed through the NGenuity software. These features include anti-ghosting support, full NKRO over USB, and five multimedia buttons which are dedicated to that specific task. Visually, the Alloy FPS is black on black on black. The keyboard uses an exposed switch design, which utilized a black painted metal top panel, which is screwed down to the black plastic lower section of the frame, and is what adds stability to the product, and is also designed to eliminate vibrations. All of the buttons and keycaps are black as well, excluding the set of eight optional keycaps, which are silver but are still designed not to impede on the RGB LED lighting.
Dimensionally, the Alloy Elite RGB is 440mm wide, it is 226.8mm deep with the included wrist rest, and it stands 36.3mm tall. There is also a 1.8-meter cable with two connection at the end, which powers the keyboard as well as the additional connection supplying a way to transfer data via the USB 2.0 pass-through port. All told, with all parts included, the HyperX Alloy Elite RGB weight in at 1467 grams.
Obtaining the Alloy Elite RGB is going to cost you. While at Newegg, listings are still showing up as out of stock, but "coming soon," we did find active listings on Amazon. It is there that we saw the Alloy Elite RGB to be selling for $169.99 if you want blue switches, and at $179.99 if you're going to opt for the brown switches. We did not see any listing for the red switch variant at this time outside of used product sales. While we have seen more expensive options similar to this in the past, we need to add some perspective as well. At this time, if you wanted to go without RGB and software, we are seeing that the Alloy Elite is selling for just $109.99. Somethi8ng to consider since the products are very similar.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The HyperX Alloy Elite RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The HyperX Alloy Elite RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [HyperX Alloy Elite RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the Alloy Elite RGB]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner