Tyler's Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370 (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K (buy from Amazon)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 4x8GB DDR4 3200 (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i (buy from Amazon)
- Case: Corsair Air 540 (buy from Amazon)
- OS Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (buy from Amazon)
- Wi-Fi NIC: ASUS PCE-AC88 (buy from Amazon)
- 10Gbe NIC: ASUS XG-C100C (buy from Amazon)
- Thunderbolt 3: ASUS Thunderbolt EX3 (buy from Amazon)
The dashboard for the PR4100 gives an overview of the storage and health of the platform. To the left we can see available capacity and storage use categorized. Below we have network activity, users and apps installed on the PR4100. To the right we have device health and firmware update notifications.
WD allows you to setup groups and users from the menu above.
You can also setup shared folders in addition to the automatically created shares from apps.
The app store has grown slightly since our last look when we reviewed the My Cloud EX2.
To configure your mobile device to sync with the My Cloud platform, WD goes through a verification system that generates a one time code.
Backup options include USB, internal and cloud backups to several platforms.
The storage menu gives you access to change RAID modes and iSCSI services.
Supported RAID modes are listed above and include 0,1,5,10 and JBOD. You can also use spanning if needed.
The settings menu allows you to change the name of your NAS system on the network along with time and date settings. If you chose not to use the cloud service, you can disable it here for local network use. Further, you can customize sleep settings for both the NAS itself and the drives.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The WD My Cloud Pro PR4100 40TB retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The WD My Cloud Pro PR4100 40TB retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Someone threatened to bomb Infinity Ward's offices
- Jagex making new Runescape RPG
- Metro Exodus finalized, release date moved up
- ZeniMax and Facebook settle VR lawsuit
- RED Digital Cinema teams with NVIDIA for 8K movie editing
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Asrock Z390 Taichi Driver Tipps
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender