Tyler's Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370 (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K (buy from Amazon)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 4x8GB DDR4 3200 (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i (buy from Amazon)
- Case: Corsair Air 540 (buy from Amazon)
- OS Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (buy from Amazon)
- Wi-Fi NIC: ASUS PCE-AC88 (buy from Amazon)
- 10Gbe NIC: ASUS XG-C100C (buy from Amazon)
- Thunderbolt 3: ASUS Thunderbolt EX3 (buy from Amazon)
The dashboard for the PR4100 gives an overview of the storage and health of the platform. To the left we can see available capacity and storage use categorized. Below we have network activity, users and apps installed on the PR4100. To the right we have device health and firmware update notifications.
WD allows you to setup groups and users from the menu above.
You can also setup shared folders in addition to the automatically created shares from apps.
The app store has grown slightly since our last look when we reviewed the My Cloud EX2.
To configure your mobile device to sync with the My Cloud platform, WD goes through a verification system that generates a one time code.
Backup options include USB, internal and cloud backups to several platforms.
The storage menu gives you access to change RAID modes and iSCSI services.
Supported RAID modes are listed above and include 0,1,5,10 and JBOD. You can also use spanning if needed.
The settings menu allows you to change the name of your NAS system on the network along with time and date settings. If you chose not to use the cloud service, you can disable it here for local network use. Further, you can customize sleep settings for both the NAS itself and the drives.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The WD My Cloud Pro PR4100 40TB retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The WD My Cloud Pro PR4100 40TB retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros cancer patient thanks community for Ultimate demo
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- IDTechEx Research Releases New Report on Drones 2018-2038: Components, Technologies, Roadmaps, Market Forecasts
- SOC Telemed Announces Partnership with Sound Physicians
- Star Sky 3, the final installment of the popular series just released today on Steam!
- Das Boot VR will release on Hologate this fall
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village is coming today to mobile!