Solid VRM Quality: While this is an affordable B350 motherboard, VRM quality is still top notch. The VRM is in a 4+2 phase configuration for the main VCore and SoC voltages, and this is important when we consider that if you use the new Raven Ridge APUs, you will be using the SoC rail more than when using a CPU without an iGPU. When you overclock the iGPU and set a voltage, that voltage is tied to the SoC voltage, so it's important that the SoC VRM is strong. Here we have 50A power stages for each phase, and while this can easily handle an overclocked Raven Ridge system, it can also handle an R7 1800X with constant airflow over the tiny VRM heat sink.
Rear IO Features: We get WIFI, as well as two USB 3.1 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, and two USB 2.0 ports on the rear IO. That is a solid amount of features for the rear IO panel of a mini-ITX motherboard with WIFI and GPU outputs.
Dual RGB Headers: The motherboard has an RGBW header on the motherboard, but it also has a C_LED header, which is designed for the RGB LEDs on AMD's Wraith coolers that have them built in. You can repurpose it as an RGB LED header, so you get two.
Odd Layout: The motherboard has an odd connector position layout, with the 24-pin at the top of the motherboard along with the SATA, USB headers, and front panel headers. You will need to really plan carefully about where to position cables if you want to hide your cables.
The GIGABYTE AB350N-Gaming WIFI is a very value-friendly B350 motherboard at only $100 and loaded with features. There are some areas where you will get a slight downgrade, such as a Realtek NIC, 1x1 Wireless-AC, and a tiny VRM heat sink. I highly recommend dedicated VRM airflow if you are going to use a water-cooler, especially if you use one of AMD's Ryzen 7 CPUs and want to overclock.
The motherboard does come with a lot of features, including GPU outputs that support the new Raven Ridge CPUs. If you do go with this motherboard for a Raven Ridge CPU, you should know that the motherboard needs a newer BIOS version to support the new CPU. At the sub-$100 price point, I don't expect to see fancy colors or aesthetics, but the AB350N-Gaming WIFI delivers red slots and stylized heat sinks. Overall, at this price point, the motherboard offers a solid feature-set and strong performance.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: GIGABYTE's AB350N-Gaming WIFI is loaded with features, quality, and performance all at a very reasonable price point.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE AB350N-Gaming WIFI (AMD B350) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and AB350N-Gaming WIFI Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE AB350N-Gaming WIFI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE AB350N-Gaming WIFI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions