B360M MORTAR Circuit Analysis
The B360M MORTAR shows some secrets when we remove the heat sinks.
The VRM is in a 4+2 phase configuration for the CPU VCore and iGPU voltage rails. The Richtek RT3607C is used in this case in 4+2 phase mode, it outputs to two drivers for the iGPU phases, and it seems that the motherboard uses two dual driver chips for the four CPU phases.
The power stages for the CPU VCore are in a two-high two-low configuration, while the iGPU phases use a one-high two-low MOSFET configuration. The low-side MOSFETs are the Sinopower SM4503NHKP, and the high-side MOSFETs are the SM4337NSKP. Hopefully, they will do fine since there are a lot and they are heatsinked, we will see in the thermal testing section.
The memory VRM is made up of a single phase PWM controller from Richtek and two low-side MOSFETs and one high-side MOSFETs consisting of Nikos PK616BSA and PK632BA MOSFETs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and B360M MORTAR Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI B360M MORTAR Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI B360M MORTAR Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 10 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]