Physical Overview Continued
We get an HD camera and light sensor at the base of the display panel along with a dual array microphone. The fen exhaust also blows up and out through the rear vents.
System status LEDs are located in the lower right corner of the motherboard. To get a quick system battery level check when the device is turned off you can tap the lower right corner of the touchpad, and the system LEDs will light up to five depending on battery level.
Three screws on the rear of the notebook have warranty voiding stickers, so if you open the system, you will probably void your warranty. Notice how the cooling system uses dual blower fans that cool either the CPU and/or the GPU at the same time, that way both are always being cooled and the cooling capacity naturally shifts.
A thermal pad on the M.2 drive allows the aluminum bottom of the notebook to help cool it. Our unit had one stick of memory for single channel mode. There are also an empty M.2 slot and area near one of the speakers, so you could potentially add a second M.2 PCI-E/SATA drive.
Here we see the huge 94Wh battery, and to its left, we see the Intel 8265 WIFI/BT controller, which offers solid performance.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Radeon Vega Instinct: refreshed 7nm Vega 20 hits AMD labs
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.36 after code
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit