Physical Overview Continued
We get an HD camera and light sensor at the base of the display panel along with a dual array microphone. The fen exhaust also blows up and out through the rear vents.
System status LEDs are located in the lower right corner of the motherboard. To get a quick system battery level check when the device is turned off you can tap the lower right corner of the touchpad, and the system LEDs will light up to five depending on battery level.
Three screws on the rear of the notebook have warranty voiding stickers, so if you open the system, you will probably void your warranty. Notice how the cooling system uses dual blower fans that cool either the CPU and/or the GPU at the same time, that way both are always being cooled and the cooling capacity naturally shifts.
A thermal pad on the M.2 drive allows the aluminum bottom of the notebook to help cool it. Our unit had one stick of memory for single channel mode. There are also an empty M.2 slot and area near one of the speakers, so you could potentially add a second M.2 PCI-E/SATA drive.
Here we see the huge 94Wh battery, and to its left, we see the Intel 8265 WIFI/BT controller, which offers solid performance.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Telltale's The Walking Dead climbs out of its grave
- New digital-only Xbox reveal likely for E3 2019
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Marvel & Riot partner to release 'League of Legends' comics
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card