GIGABYTE's packaging is all biodegradable, but it also does a good job of protecting the motherboard with multiple layers of cardboard.
Like most notebooks these days, accessories are sparse. You get a card that offers you a free gift if you leave a review online about your experience with the product. Manuals and driver DVD are also present, but you will need to make your own recovery image, which you will be prompted to do when you first boot up Windows 10. The AC/DC power supply is rated email@example.comA which is roughly 180W.
The top and bottom of the unit use aluminum for the chassis, and there is a carbon fiber cutout on the top of the lid. The GIGABYTE logo lights up white when the system is on.
The unit has a very sturdy feel to it, and the aluminum chassis probably helps with cooling a small bit. The bottom of the device features five rubber feet, air intake vents, and two speaker vents.
The front edge of the notebook is bare of everything, but there are some indication LEDs, and the rear of the device is pretty much just the single large metal hinge.
The right side of the notebook features UHS-II SD card reader, a Thunderbolt 3 type-C port, two USB 3.0 ports, DC input jack, and a Kensington lock slot. The left side of the device features a 1Gbit LAN port, USB 3.1 port, HDMI 2.0 port, mini-DP 1.4 port, and an audio combo jack.
The AERO 15 features a full-sized QWERTY keyboard with number pad, although it is pretty squeezed in there. The keyboard was nice and large, and each key has its own programmable RGB LED. The keyboard also offers macros and N-key rollover.
The display is beautiful, and while a lot of editors treasure higher resolution displays in 13" and 15" panels, I think 1080P is pretty good for such small displays. At 4K at 15.6" you are going to need to get proper UI scaling to work, and while games might look nicer, they will require more processing power and your battery will be drained faster.
I think 1080P in a 13" or 15" display is perfect, and with the added 144Hz refresh rate anti-glare IPS monitor, we were in heaven. The thin bezel is really thin, and because of that, they had to move the camera down low.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada