H370 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI Circuit Analysis Continued
The Realtek ALC1220-VB (not sure if that's the actual marking) is used here on this motherboard, it's supposed to be slightly better than the ALC1220 and offer better microphone SNR. We get Nichicon audio capacitors and WIMA film capacitors and a physical PCB divide.
Intel's i219 PHY is used for the Gbit LAN port. An Intel 9560NGW CNVI module is used on this motherboard as a type of PHY for the WIFI system.
The new PCH is totally different than the previous one, it's a different size as well. The integrated USB 3.1 signals need to be re-driven closer to the ports, so two Pericom PI3EQX are used to re-drive the signal, one of them re-drives to a type-C switch.
GIGABYTE included dual BIOS on this motherboard, so you get two 128Mbit BIOS ROMs. The IT8686 is used as the SuperIO controller on the motherboard, and it provides monitoring, fan control, and PS/2 on the rear. We believe there is a microcontroller under the battery holder that facilitates RGB LED functionality, otherwise, it's from the SuperIO.
An ASMedia ASm1442K level shifter is used to provide DVI/HDMI on the rear IO. A Texas Instruments GD75232 driver and receiver chip provides COM port functionality.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lootbox and skin trade to make $50 billion by 2022
- Yakuza devs making new IP for SEGA
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit