Temperature and Power Consumption
The power consumption of the NUC8i7HVK is much lower than the Deskmini, but also a decent amount higher than other SFFPCs.
The front of the device doesn't really get warm, pretty much before all the heat is expelled through the rear of the device. The thing on top of the NUC is a 3D printed skull that I allowed to heat up, so the front of the device isn't close to 40C at load.
The rear of the device does warm up from around 33C to 50C, and we can clearly see where the exhaust vents are located since they heat up a lot. The fans keep things cool during idle operation, and to do this they constantly move heat out of the system.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the NUC8i7HVK]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System and IO Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director