Starting with our range testing, the 86U in orange did quite well at 94Mbps at 10Ft. Moving out to 20Ft we have 87Mbps and 30Ft 83Mbps.
With 5GHz, we start at 559Mbps at 10Ft and moving out to 30Ft very little drop in performance ending at 540Mbps.
File Transfer and Session Throughput
For file transfer testing, I use my SanDisk Extreme Pro USB 3.0 flash drive. Its formatted with the exFAT file system. The 86U was the 5th quickest solution in our modern charts coming in at 87 MB/s read and 78 MB/s write.
Looking at this chart, the 86U in orange was among the best routers I have seen at handling large amounts of connections. We started with 932Mbps with 32 pairs and all the way out to 256 we lost very little throughput. We ended testing at 512 connections at 707Mbps seconds to the AC-1900p by 4Mbps.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS RT-AC86U AC2900 Wi-Fi Router retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS RT-AC86U AC2900 Wi-Fi Router retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- Hollow Knight 'Gods & Glory' DLC arrives August 23rd
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit