Starting with our range testing, the 86U in orange did quite well at 94Mbps at 10Ft. Moving out to 20Ft we have 87Mbps and 30Ft 83Mbps.
With 5GHz, we start at 559Mbps at 10Ft and moving out to 30Ft very little drop in performance ending at 540Mbps.
File Transfer and Session Throughput
For file transfer testing, I use my SanDisk Extreme Pro USB 3.0 flash drive. Its formatted with the exFAT file system. The 86U was the 5th quickest solution in our modern charts coming in at 87 MB/s read and 78 MB/s write.
Looking at this chart, the 86U in orange was among the best routers I have seen at handling large amounts of connections. We started with 932Mbps with 32 pairs and all the way out to 256 we lost very little throughput. We ended testing at 512 connections at 707Mbps seconds to the AC-1900p by 4Mbps.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS RT-AC86U AC2900 Wi-Fi Router retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS AC2900 WiFi Dual-band Gigabit Wireless Router with 1.8GHz Dual-core Processor and AiProtection Network Security Powered by Trend Micro, AiMesh Whole Home WiFi System Compatible (RT-AC86U) retails for £220.63 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony ramping up services framework for next-gen PS5
- New Assassin's Creed free-to-play mobile game incoming
- Capcom to release three big games every fiscal year
- Black Ops 4 Blackout battle royale has split-screen
- Red Dead Redemption 2 required ruthless crunch at Rockstar
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Trimble Introduces Next Generation Wireless Data Recorder for Smart Wastewater and Stormwater Monitoring
- Cooler Master Debuts the World's First Analog Keypad
- Cooler Master Announces Hyper 212 Black Edition
- The new ALIENWARE m15 gaming laptop
- Where's Baby Launches on Steam!