Packaging and Overview
The H11SSL-NC has seven 4-pin PWM fan headers, and by default, they are in PWM mode, but they can operate DC mode fans. Most of the headers are placed along the right side of the motherboard.
The motherboard has heat sinks over the LSI RAID controller and the CPU VRM. The back of the motherboard doesn't have many components on it, just some tantalum capacitors and some flash memory.
We find a COM port, four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 3.0 ports, one IPMI NIC (above USB 2.0 ports), two 1Gbit NICs, and a VGA port. There is also a tiny button used to enable or disable the built-in UID system. The UID system is used to indicate if there is a problem with the motherboard, and it is linked to the IPMI (remote management) system.
The PCI-E slots are all hard-wired to the CPU; slot 1 is the bottommost slot. So you get three full speed PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots and three PCI-E 3.0 x8 slots. The CMOS battery is located between slots, and an x4 PCI-E M.2 slot is also located between slots.
The 24-pin power connector is located near the 8-pin CPU power connector. There is also an extra 4-pin CPU power connector on the other side of the CPU socket. If your PSU has an SMBus header function, you will find that header near the 24-pin connector.
Eight SATA6Gb/s ports can be found on this motherboard, the two orange ports support SATA DOM, with the power header located right near the two orange ports.
The two white connectors are basically NVMe connectors, while the two black ones we will cover later are mini-SAS HD headers. On the H11SSL-i you will get eight more SATA ports instead of NVMe ports (through a breakout cable of SAS to 4x SATA).
There are a single USB 2.0 internal header and a USB 3.0 vertical port on the inside of the motherboard, and a 5v standby power header is located in that area. We find a USB 3.0 internal header near the front panel headers.
On the other side of the front panel headers, we find two mini-SAS HD headers controlled by an LSI controller. We also find an Intel sensor header and chassis overheat header above the front panel headers.
We find an IMPI BCM external IC header to the right of the TPM header, and an NCSI header to the left of the TPM header. Many jumpers around the motherboard control features, such as the header above the NCSI header that disables internal video from the BMC controller. We also find a microSD card slot; I assume this is for logging errors and such from the BMC.
A built-in speaker is found near the DRAM slots. The heat sinks are attached to the motherboard through push pins and seem to make great contact with the PCB and components they cool.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and H11SSL-NC Overview]
- Page 3 [TYAN H11SSL-NC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro H11SSL-NC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS]
- Page 6 [Remote Management]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [CPU and Memory Performance Metrics]
- Page 9 [Network and Storage]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imagining and Power]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution