Here are key points about the Supermicro H11SSL-NC.
Tons of PCI-E: AMD's EPYC CPUs are known to offer a ton of PCI-E connectivity, and this motherboard takes full advantage of the PCI-E to fill up tons of PCI-E slots, all of which run full speed at all times. The motherboard is also capable of supporting many different types of storage, including two NVMe ports, one M.2 slot, and a vast variety of everything from USB to SAS.
LSI SAS: To expand SAS, Supermicro added on an LSI RAID controller so that users will have high-performance options when it comes to SAS drives. Along with the two NVMe connectors that look similar, you also get two SAS connectors.
High-Quality Components: The motherboard supports high TDP CPUs, and even though you can't overclock them, it's still very important to use quality VRM hardware to ensure temperatures stay low. The 70A IR/Infineon power stages here are brand new and designed for extremely high current server processors, and they probably aren't cheap either since they were recently released.
Octa-Channel Memory: The motherboard offers the ability to run eight sticks in 8-channels, which results in crazy memory bandwidth.
One DIMM Per Channel: On this motherboard, we get only one DIMM per channel, so you are limited to 8-DIMMs while many other motherboards might offer 16.
Supermicro's H11SSL-NC performed well and supported the CPU quite well. We were a bit concerned about whether or not we would be able to get all 8-channels to work, but the system booted up the first time, although we did not know it. By default the system is configured for IPMI, so we had to go into the BIOS remotely and change primary display to off-board graphics.
Booting the server motherboard takes a bit of time because it needs to initialize the SAS controller. The quality of the motherboard is quite good as well, and the VRMs stayed cool even when the CPU was being loaded for hours while running out SPECwpc tests.
If you need a solid server motherboard with a lot of options, give the Supermicro H11SSL-NC a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a server motherboard loaded with features to match your EPYC CPU, give the Supermicro H11SSL-NC a look.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and H11SSL-NC Overview]
- Page 3 [TYAN H11SSL-NC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro H11SSL-NC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS]
- Page 6 [Remote Management]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [CPU and Memory Performance Metrics]
- Page 9 [Network and Storage]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imagining and Power]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions