Here are key points about the Supermicro H11SSL-NC.
Tons of PCI-E: AMD's EPYC CPUs are known to offer a ton of PCI-E connectivity, and this motherboard takes full advantage of the PCI-E to fill up tons of PCI-E slots, all of which run full speed at all times. The motherboard is also capable of supporting many different types of storage, including two NVMe ports, one M.2 slot, and a vast variety of everything from USB to SAS.
LSI SAS: To expand SAS, Supermicro added on an LSI RAID controller so that users will have high-performance options when it comes to SAS drives. Along with the two NVMe connectors that look similar, you also get two SAS connectors.
High-Quality Components: The motherboard supports high TDP CPUs, and even though you can't overclock them, it's still very important to use quality VRM hardware to ensure temperatures stay low. The 70A IR/Infineon power stages here are brand new and designed for extremely high current server processors, and they probably aren't cheap either since they were recently released.
Octa-Channel Memory: The motherboard offers the ability to run eight sticks in 8-channels, which results in crazy memory bandwidth.
One DIMM Per Channel: On this motherboard, we get only one DIMM per channel, so you are limited to 8-DIMMs while many other motherboards might offer 16.
Supermicro's H11SSL-NC performed well and supported the CPU quite well. We were a bit concerned about whether or not we would be able to get all 8-channels to work, but the system booted up the first time, although we did not know it. By default the system is configured for IPMI, so we had to go into the BIOS remotely and change primary display to off-board graphics.
Booting the server motherboard takes a bit of time because it needs to initialize the SAS controller. The quality of the motherboard is quite good as well, and the VRMs stayed cool even when the CPU was being loaded for hours while running out SPECwpc tests.
If you need a solid server motherboard with a lot of options, give the Supermicro H11SSL-NC a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a server motherboard loaded with features to match your EPYC CPU, give the Supermicro H11SSL-NC a look.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and H11SSL-NC Overview]
- Page 3 [TYAN H11SSL-NC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro H11SSL-NC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS]
- Page 6 [Remote Management]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [CPU and Memory Performance Metrics]
- Page 9 [Network and Storage]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imagining and Power]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Hades' will soon make its way to Steam after Epic Store exclusivity
- DRAGON BALL Z: Kakarot Gamescom 2019 'Cell Saga' gameplay demo reveal
- Portland Public Schools almost got BEC scammed a HUGE $2.9 million
- Shoebox-sized probe snaps insightful images near-Earth asteroid Ryugu
- Some exoplanets could be better suited to harbor life than Earth
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LIAN LI Launches Brand New TU150
- The First XR-DIMM DRAM Module with RTCA DO-160G Certification From the Leading Supplier of Industrial-grade Memory
- Trintech Achieves Record-Breaking New Customer Adoption and Expansion in H1
- TUNAI CREATIVE's Kickstarter-backed aptX Low Latency Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Now Available on Amazon
- Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - Eight Princes DLC out now on macOS and Linux