EPYC has some major power consumption improvements, and it shows.
We wanted to check out how the VRMs are doing, and it turns out they are doing well. The shot you see above is of the CPU cooler on the motherboard.
The core VRM is warm, but not really hot, which is great.
The SoC VRM isn't in the direction of direct airflow with this watercooler, but it will be with most air coolers. The quality of the new power stages does shine.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and H11SSL-NC Overview]
- Page 3 [TYAN H11SSL-NC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro H11SSL-NC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS]
- Page 6 [Remote Management]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [CPU and Memory Performance Metrics]
- Page 9 [Network and Storage]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imagining and Power]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]