Our next test for this new setup is seeing how range affects performance. With this, we start at 10Ft and move out to 30Ft. Routers are tested in their default configuration for this part, the client device is the iPhone 7 Plus.
The Synology RT2600ac has been our best AC2600 class router all year long and the DIR-882 puts that to the test holding solid 2.4GHz performance from 10 through 30ft. As you can see in the chart the 882 started at 117Mbps and ends at 102Mbps, 2Mbps slower than the Synology.
For 5GHz the ASUS ROG Rapture has been the best at carrying its performance over distance while the Amped Titan has been the solution to lose the most performance from 10 to 30ft. The 882 doesn't fall into either category but rather is quite stable with its performance, starting at 362Mbps and ending at 357Mbps.
We did test storage performance on the 882 and came away with 29 MB/s read and 33 MB/s write.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The D-Link EXO AC2600 Wireless Router retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The D-Link EXO AC2600 Wireless Router retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lootbox and skin trade to make $50 billion by 2022
- Yakuza devs making new IP for SEGA
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit