Our next test for this new setup is seeing how range affects performance. With this, we start at 10Ft and move out to 30Ft. Routers are tested in their default configuration for this part, the client device is the iPhone 7 Plus.
The Synology RT2600ac has been our best AC2600 class router all year long and the DIR-882 puts that to the test holding solid 2.4GHz performance from 10 through 30ft. As you can see in the chart the 882 started at 117Mbps and ends at 102Mbps, 2Mbps slower than the Synology.
For 5GHz the ASUS ROG Rapture has been the best at carrying its performance over distance while the Amped Titan has been the solution to lose the most performance from 10 to 30ft. The 882 doesn't fall into either category but rather is quite stable with its performance, starting at 362Mbps and ending at 357Mbps.
We did test storage performance on the 882 and came away with 29 MB/s read and 33 MB/s write.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The D-Link EXO AC2600 Wireless Router retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The D-Link EXO AC2600 Wireless Router retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!