Chad's CPU Cooler Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII HERO (Intel Z170) - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Patriot Viper 4 3000MHz 4X4GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB OC - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Corsair Neutron XTi 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: INWIN D-Frame - Read our review
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower DPS 1050W - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
- Software: RealTemp 3.70, AIDA64 Engineer 5.75.3900, and CPU-z 1.77.0 x64
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article (October 2016) for more information.
This early is when the disappointment starts to set in. While 58.75 degrees is better than average, it is plain to see that it is half a degree worse than the MA410P. We do feel that it falls into the right area on the chart, but it is shocking to see their own, cheaper solution, performing better.
With an overclock applied, the gap tightens to a quarter of a degree, but facts are facts, and the 75.25-degree result still fails to do better than its kid brother.
Allowing the fans to do everything they are capable of doing to the tower, we got a bunch of noise and around two degrees reduction in temperature. We are not that impressed with the thermal results if you had issues gathering that from our last few comments.
Noise Level Results
With the processor stock and the fans under control of PWM, the front fan was spinning at 880 RPM while the rear fan was spinning at 985 RPM. At this point in the test, we grabbed the meter and found the fans to be delivering only 27 dB into the room.
Applying the overclock takes the fans further up into the speed range. The front fan was spinning at 1187RPM while the rear fan was turning at 1358, and the amount of noise is kept low at just 33 dB.
With the fans allowed to do what they can at maximum power, the front fans spun at 1660 RPM, and at this time the rear fan was reporting 1802 RPM. The noise increased a bunch at this point, and jumped to 48 dB.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Cooler Master MASTERAIR MA610P CPU Cooler retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Cooler Master MASTERAIR MA610P CPU Cooler retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master MASTERAIR MA610P CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit