SilverStone Primera SST-PM01B-RGB Mid-Tower Chassis
The front of the chassis is angled away from the center and is wide open for ventilation. The bulk of the bezel is made from steel mesh, with only enough shiny plastic around it to make it structurally stable.
On top of the chassis, just behind the bezel on the left side, we find the power button with power LED inside of it, and a smaller LED which is there to show the HDD activity.
Stepping back, we can see that the top of the chassis is similar to the front, with a body line down the middle, and both sides slope away from it. On either side, there are what appear to be wind tunnels of some sort, but are cut away so a large light can be installed behind them to add a glow to the outside of the chassis.
On the right side, again just behind the bezel, we find the rest of the front I/O. There are the audio jacks, a pair of USB 2.0 ports, and another pair of ports, this time USB 3.0/ On the edge of the chassis, there is also an LED button, as SilverStone wants everyone to have RGB LED choices, even if the motherboard used does not support it.
The left side of the chassis shows that the top is higher in the back than at the front, and we see shiny plastic at the top and down the front of the chassis. The rest of the panel, down to the shiny plastic feet, is a tinted tempered glass panel which is screwed onto the side.
Since the top of the chassis is solid, SilverStone made vents at the back to allow hot air out of the chassis. Below that is the rear I/O and exhaust fan, a set of seven expansion slots with passive ventilation next to it, and the PSU location at the bottom.
The right side of the chassis sports a shiny black, painted steel panel. The high gloss finish goes along well with the shiny plastic parts, and unifies the design.
Under the chassis, we can see that the large feet have rubber pads on them for grip, and between the pair at the back of the case is where the dust filter for the PSU is, and it slides out the back. There is an optional location for a 3.5" drive near the middle, but the front of the chassis has a large cover blocking access to remove the HDD cage if it weren't riveted into the frame.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit