Packaging and Overview
The white and black box uses the same color theme as the motherboard. Packaging is well done and will protect your motherboard just fine.
The accessory package includes IO shield, two SATA6Gb/s cables, M.2 screws, case badge, driver DVD, and manual.
We find four fan headers on the motherboard, all of them are 4-pin PWM/DC mode headers, and we believe they support up to 1A of current. Fan control is done through the UEFI or through ASRock's Windows application. The motherboard features a mostly black PCB and color theme, but with silver heat sinks and a large white portion in the middle. The back of the motherboard is bare of most components.
The rear IO panel features two USB 2.0 ports, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, DVI, VGA (D-SUB), HDMI, five USB 3.0 ports, one USB 3.0 type-C port, 1Gbit LAN, headphone out, line in, and microphone ports.
The first x16 slot is wired x16 and the second x16 slot is wired x4. Both of these x16 slots are PCI-E 3.0 slots and do not share bandwidth with each other. The second x4 PCI-E slot gets its bandwidth from the CPU because it shares all its bandwidth with the M.2 M2_1 slot. All four PCI-E x1 slots are x1 PCI-E 2.0 from the PCH.
The second M.2 slot is a SATA M.2 slot, so PCI-E based M.2 drives won't work. SATA6Gb/s ports at a 90degree angle are from the FCH (chipset).
Two more SATA6Gb/s ports get their bandwidth from an ASMedia controller. We also get a USB 3.0 internal header on the motherboard. Two RGB LED headers are located at the top of the motherboard.
The motherboard also features an HD audio header, TPM header, and COM header. We also fine two USB 2.0 internal headers, a clear CMOS jumper, and front panel headers in the lower right corner of the motherboard.
Heatsinks make solid contact with the motherboard and the components they cool.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 PRO4 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASROCK X370 PRO4 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASROCK X370 PRO4 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Vivo's next smartphone could feature a huge 10GB of RAM
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new external GPU: Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB for $699
- Apple's most expensive new MacBook Pro costs an insane $6700
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Qflash ans USB
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit