The B350M Gaming Pro reveals some interesting things when we remove the heat sinks.
The VRM is in a 3+2 phase configuration controlled by a Richtek RT8894A PWM specifically designed for AMD systems. The PWM controller has three integrated drivers that are being used to drive each of the three CPU core voltage phases.
Each power stage uses two high-side MOSFETs and two low-side MOSFETs. NIKOS PK616 and PK632 MOSFETs are used. Two Richtek drivers labeled "4P=" are found on the motherboard, and they drive the SoC voltage.
The memory VRM is controlled by a Richtek PWM controller with integrated driver, and it's labeled "24=". The 4H you see on the SoC drivers and memory PWM controller refers to the batch number. The single memory phase uses the same MOSFET configuration as the CPU VRM.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI B350M Gaming Pro (AMD B350) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI B350M Gaming Pro (AMD B350) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and B350M Gaming Pro Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI B350M Gaming Pro Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI B350M Gaming Pro Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Bizarre horror game Agony delayed
- Nintendo Switch refresh rumor: new NVIDIA Tegra SoC, 8GB RAM
- God of War TV commercial trailer builds next months hype
- PUBG released on iOS and Android in the US
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit