DOOM & PUBG
Typically we would play games with a range of DPI usage in the 3000 to 5000 range, depending on the mouse we were using. However, with the DM3 Mini, we find the 1600 DPI setting to be the sweet spot for shooters.
Even at this setting, we still found the mouse to deliver a solid mix of accuracy as well as quickness to navigate our 4K screen. Using this setting minimized the amount of lifting in game, but you do have the option for the default 1.8mm of LOD which allows the cursor very little time to wander when lifted.
You can opt for a 2.4mm setting by holding the scroll wheel down and using the left mouse button for 1.8mm or the right mouse button for 2.4mm. When it comes to gaming with the DM3 Mini, while small in our hand, it took no time at all to get accustomed to it, and return to making headshots, or swinging around wildly to deliver shots to enemies attacking from all directions.
Windows and Productivity
Using the DM3 Mini for productivity is a "sticky" situation. While gaming tends to have us looking all over the place all of the time, the sensor feels very smooth, as long as it is kept in motion. When it comes to highlighting text in a document or trying to copy and paste a link from a browser, we noticed the cursor was twitchy. It is almost as if the sensor has a delay.
Finite movements are hard to accomplish from a resting state, and when it came to editing images, we did long to use another mouse as the jittery reaction of the DM3 Mini left much to be desired when it comes to using it for day to day tasks. Adjusting the DPI lower just caused us to lift the mouse all of the time, and raising it made the cursor jump wildly more than it does with the midrange settings. Sorry to say this, but this is an instance where a gaming mouse is great for gaming, but when it comes to anything else you may do with the PC, you are going to want to swap mice.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA cancels new Star Wars game, disrupts release timeline
- New Evil Dead game still happening
- Digital-only Xbox One may have pre-loaded services, games
- Xbox Game Pass is wildly successful
- Netflix's new price hike is biggest in company history
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- Z390 Taichi Error Code 99 and A2
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio