Inside the DM3 Mini
By removing four screws, we can lift the top portion of the mouse from the base. Nothing is attached to the top of the mouse, as all of the functionality is contained on a single PCB in the lower section. Another thing we want to point out is the use of the LED next to the scroll wheel as well as the large panel at the back to illuminate the Logo on the heel.
The left click button is backed with this D2FC-F-7N(20M), white, Omron switch. Not only does it have the feel and report we have all come to love, but it will also last you years due to the twenty million clicks this switch has.
Backing the DPI selector button on top of the mouse is a white Huano switch. This switch requires slightly more force than the Omron switches to use, but the report from the two is very similar, with a solid audible click.
As the box and all of the literature explained, we do in fact, find a PixArt PMW3360DM-T2QU optical sensor at the helm. With a DPI range from 400 to 12,000, the sensor will keep many happy with two DPI scales. There is a low DPI scale where selections are 500,600, 1000, 1200, 1400 or 1800, and a high scale where choices are 400, 800, 1600, 2400, 4800 or 12,000.
Under the right click button, we find the second Omron switch, which is also a 20M version. Used to register the press of the scroll wheel, a white Huano switch is used, and we have no complaints about the choices made as to what switches to fit inside of the DM3 Mini.
Once connected, you are greeted with the fact that the logo, as well as the scroll wheel, are illuminated in red LED by default. By pressing the DPI button and scrolling the wheel, you will have the option to turn the lights off or make them blue, green or pink instead of red.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mario Tennis Aces will feature Diddy Kong & more as DLC's
- WWE 2K19 Special Editions revealed and release date unveil
- Disney and Nintendo partner for a Nintendo Switch TV show
- Gift Unravel Two on Xbox One and get 1 month of EA Access
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, playable in 2 weeks at CEO 2018
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- ASUS ProArt PA27AC Monitor: The Best Workstation Monitor?!
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components
- FS Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ 256GB SM-G965U New $751CAD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit