AeroCool went all out when they came into the AIO world with the P7-L240 RGB open loop cooler. While we are nearly certain that this product will fall under scrutiny from Asetek, and likely never see it on this side of the pond for long, if at all, AeroCool did come up with a creative adaptation to all-in-one coolers. The addition of RGB to both the head unit and the fans is rare. Most will give you one or the other, but not too many are RGB LED capable on both ends of the loop. The design is attractive; compatibility is as good as it gets, and looking at the P7-L240, it appears that AeroCool left no stone unturned... well, maybe just one.
Performance is not horrible, but for the amount of noise we heard, we expected to see better results. For this level of performance, we almost demand it to be silent, as we could have easily spent around $50, grabbed the NiC C5 (albeit, an air cooler), for better results with similar noise levels. The other issue we had has to do with the mounting. Not only are some of the instructional diagrams wrong (AeroCool has now updated them!), in our installation, the only option for the head unit installation, is to have the fittings at the bottom.
This issue hit us out in left field, as the head unit did not to be as big as it is, and many tend to have the fittings on one side or another, and that orientation can cause clearance issues, and with the RAM most importantly (to their credit, AeroCool does also mention this could be an issue). We are not completely unhappy with what we have seen, now that all of the facts are out on the table, but we are not pleased either. All we can say at this point is "meh."
Based with a price of $129.99, we feel for the level of performance offered and the noise that comes along with it, unless using this cooler on a stock speed CPU, we think we would pass. Having the ability to top off the loop or add colored dyes is cool and all, RGB lighting can be handy too, but we just can't get over the issues and less than average results for the cost involved. Had this been on the market for $80 to $90, we may have given it more leeway, but all things considered, we have to take it all into account and give you solid advice in the end.
That all being said, the AeroCool P7-L240 RGB liquid cooler will fit the theme of a Project 7 chassis, and if you just have to have RGB lights at both ends of your loop, then, by all means, do not let us persuade you not to do that. However, based on what we know of the market, and what users want, we feel the AeroCool P7-L240 is too loud for its own good, and quite a bit of money invested in getting average performance.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||81%|
The Bottom Line: If features and build quality are enough to get you to spend big money, by all means look at the P7-L240. To us, they want too much money, the performance is lackluster, and the head unit is too big for its own good!
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [AeroCool P7-L240 RGB CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit