AeroCool P7-L240 RGB CPU Cooler
The head unit for the P7-L240 is hexagonally shaped, it comes with a metal top plate, and the sides of the pump and reservoir are clear. There is a notch at the bottom of the reservoir for the pair of leads which exit the head unit for pump power and RGB lighting control.
Opposite where the wires come out of the head unit, we see a pair of ninety-degree swivel fittings is used. Connected to each fitting are a rubber, 3/8" OD tube, and the plastic braided material covering it and the tube are both held into place with a long section of heat shrink tubing.
To access the fill port, you must twist the metal cover, and lift it off of the reservoir. On the left is the standard cover plate insert, but there is also another offered in the hardware if you wish to swap them out.
Getting back to the wires which left the head unit, here they are. One of the leads ends with a 4-pin PWM fan connection which allows the motherboard to control the pump speed. In front of that, we see the daisy-chained RGB lead, which allows once source from the motherboard to allow the head unit and fans to be controlled all at once.
The bottom of the cold plate is protected in transit with the clear plastic sticker. Be sure to remove this, so that the raised section of the plate will make direct contact with the IHS.
The contact area on the cold plate is left with the machine marks still visible, in an arcing pattern. The base is not completely flat, it is convex slightly, and with the correct mounting of the cooler, will provide a fair amount of pressure to offer the best contact possible.
Measuring from the base of the swivel fittings on the head unit to the other end, we see more than thirteen inches of tubing provided. The pump power cable is closer to ten inches long, but the RGB cables are over sixteen inches to the first connection, and then three more inches of the second lead attached to that.
Already installed onto the radiator is this pair of 120mm fans. The black frames offer rubber pads in each corner, on both sides, and the fancily shaped fins are white to help to spread the lighting, and there are twelve blades on each fan.
Looking at the back of the radiator, we can see that the FPI is dense, much like any Asetek unit, and we can also see the mess of wires needed to connect the fans properly as well. Each fan uses a 4-pin PWM connection for power, and each fan also has an RGB LED lead, which is just as lo0ng as the one from the pump, and are daisy-chained as well.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [AeroCool P7-L240 RGB CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Top 10 premium games of 2018 in revenue
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media