ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Circuit Analysis Continued
ASUS uses the Realtek ALC1220 for 120dB SNR audio output as well as two amplifiers, the Texas Instruments OPA1688A and RC45801. One of the amplifiers works to amplify voltage and the other works as a buffer according to ASUS. Audio isolation and Gold Nichicon capacitors are used to improve audio quality.
Intel's i219v PHY is used with the integrated MAC to produce 1Gbit Intel LAN, and LAN Guard is used to protect the port from ESD. WIFI is produced by the Realtek RTL8822BE which offers 867Mbps of throughput and is part of the new Wave 2 controllers.
The ASMedia ASM3142 produces the two rear USB 3.1 type-A ports. We also found a clock generator, the 6V4153, which is used to enhance BCLK overclocking margins.
The chip labeled AURA is used to provide RGB LED capabilities. The main SuperIO is the nuvoTon NCT6793D, which provides monitoring, fan control, and PS/2 on the rear IO.
A custom TPU chip is used to enhance overclocking capabilities. The ASMedia, ASM1442K level shifter, is used to provide the HDMI port on the rear IO.
The ASMedia ASM1480 chips switch x8 from the top x16 slot to the second x16 slot.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) (Intel Z370) retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) (Intel Z370) retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Circuit Analysis]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 76 respecs aren't retroactive
- 25-years of DOOM celebrated with DOOM update for Switch
- Peter Jackson could help Amazon's Lord Of The Rings TV show
- Stardew Valley on Switch receives Multiplayer Update Dec 12
- Smash Bros. Ultimate director discusses 3rd-party characters
- My Asus TUF FX504GD (a gaming laptop) crashes everytime I launch high end games
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock 14-Port Review
- AORUS LED i2c control?
- 1stPlayer Bullet Hunter MK6 Gaming Keyboard Review
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019
- Rules of Survival Ultra: A Revolutionary Version with Day/Night Cycle, Changing Weather and Enhanced Game Models
- Brutal Classic-Style FPS SUFFER is out now on Steam!
- The hottest Steam games arrive in Fanatical's Winter Sale
- YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG Spreads Conspiracy Theories on Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam on Jan. 17, 2019