Here are key points about the ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC).
Designed for Gaming: Many motherboards have the word "Gaming" in their names, but not all of them offer features specifically designed for gaming. The audio on the motherboard has been enhanced more than others in the same price range, which is important for many gamers. The rear IO panel features eight USB ports and even a PS/2 port so it supports all types of gaming mice. The PCI-E layout has also been optimized for two double slotted cards, which is typically what gamers might install.
ROG Features: Many people might not expect to find ROG features on a sub-$200 motherboard, and we didn't either, but we did find a few. The motherboard has one external temperature sensor port and comes with the sensor so you can plug it in and make it work. It also comes with CPU_OV jumper, so you can push very high voltages if you go subzero. It also comes with a VRM fan bracket, so you can install a VRM fan to keep things cool. It also features a clock generator dedicated to BCLK overclocking. You also get the ROG goodies like a door knob hanger and cable stickers.
Solid Aesthetics: Simple is what many want, and the STRIX series typically delivers. With the Z370-G Gaming, we find a simple motherboard that will fade into the background but still maintain a solid aesthetic appeal. The VRM heat sinks spread over a wide area, so they cover up a lot of the PCB. The only integrated RGBs are under the PCH heat sink, so you won't have RGB LEDs glaring at you. The capacitors have also been blacked out.
No RGB LED Header: The motherboard supports RGB LEDs built into products that plug into the motherboard, such as Aura Sync DRAM, but it doesn't offer an RGB LED header. That might be a pro for many people though.
The ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) offers a lot of features, including Intel LAN, Wireless-AC, USB 3.1, 120dB SNR audio, and support for SLI/CrossFireX. We were also happy to find two M.2 slots, plenty of USB on the rear IO, and a lack of bandwidth sharing. Overall, the motherboard offered us a solid experience without headaches, and is a great motherboard for those who want a motherboard that just works and doesn't waste resources on things like RGB LEDs.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: ASUS decided to get rid of the flashy features while maintaining and upgrading useful features on their ROG STRIX Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC) motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) (Intel Z370) retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) (Intel Z370) retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Circuit Analysis]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Possible new Fornite maps photographed at GDC 2018
- Metro Exodus will rock NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit