AMD's ThreadRipper platform is quite interesting, as AMD stated the top 5% of Zen dies become ThreadRipper CPUs. That is a big deal, as that would also mean the CPU should overclock quite high, or at least consistently high. Most people get limited around 4.1GHz, and I know my 1950X can't do 4.1Ghz stable on all cores without tons of voltage or better cooling.
Overclocking the CPU was really easy, and I hit 4.0GHz with 1.32v set with the second highest level of Mode 2. Overclocking the memory kit with XMP worked like a charm, especially with the new CPU microcode in the early BIOS I have.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASROCK X399M TAICHI (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399M TAICHI Overview]
- Page 3 [ASROCK X399M TAICHI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASROCK X399M TAICHI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Vivo's next smartphone could feature a huge 10GB of RAM
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new external GPU: Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB for $699
- Apple's most expensive new MacBook Pro costs an insane $6700
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Qflash ans USB
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit