The X399M TAICHI reveals its secrets with the heat sinks removed.
ASROCK is using an 8-phase VRM for the main core voltage with 60A inductors. The SoC VRM is three phases with the same 60A inductors.
The CPU core VRM uses an International Rectifier IR35201 digital PWM controller in 8+0 phase mode, and each phase uses an IR3555 60A fully integrated PowIRstage. The SoC VRM uses the same PWM controller, but in 3+0 phase mode, and it uses three of the same IR3555 we saw on the main core voltage VRM.
Each set of four DIMMs gets its own two-phase memory VRM that uses a UPI Semiconductor UP1674P PWM controller and two Sinopower SM7341EH dual N-channel MOSFETs rated around 25A each.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASROCK X399M TAICHI (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASROCK X399M TAICHI (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399M TAICHI Overview]
- Page 3 [ASROCK X399M TAICHI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASROCK X399M TAICHI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Starbreeze to focus exclusively on games
- Someone threatened to bomb Infinity Ward's offices
- Jagex making new Runescape RPG
- Metro Exodus finalized, release date moved up
- ZeniMax and Facebook settle VR lawsuit
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Asrock Z390 Taichi Driver Tipps
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender