Packaging and Overview
The motherboard's box and packaging are very similar to that of other ASRock motherboards; the motherboard is secured very well.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, SLI HB bridge single slot, SLI HB bridge double slot, WIFI antenna, M.2 screws, IO shield, documentation/manuals, and driver DVD.
We found five fan headers on the motherboard, the one circled in blue is rated for 1A and is in PWM mode by default. The other four fan headers circled in red can operating in PWM or DC mode and offer up to 1.5A of output. You can control the fans through the UEFI or through ASRock's A-Tuning software in Windows.
The motherboard utilizes the same black and gray color theme we have come to expect from the Taichi series of motherboard. The rear of the motherboard has fewer components than we expected, but there are still some ICs back there so be careful when handling the motherboard.
The rear IO panel features a BIOS FlashBack button, PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, eight USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, WIFI ports, two 1Gbit LAN, and 7.1 gold-plated audio outputs wish S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is very simple, all of the PCI-E x16 slots operate at x16 PCI-E 3.0 at all times. There are also three M.2 slots, one of them is located between the first and second x16 PCI-E slots, and it shares all of its PCI-E 3.0 x4 with the U.2 connector. The two M.2 connectors located near the 24-pin power connector always operate at x4 PCI-E 3.0. The M.2 slot facing the top of the motherboard offers support for SATA drives as well as PCI-E based M.2 SSDs.
We find our U.2 connector below the POST code display and above one of the USB 3.0 headers and both USB 2.0 internal headers. We also get eight SATA6Gb/s ports on the motherboard, and there is a dust cover in the U.2 port.
The motherboard offers one 8-pin CPU power connector and one 4-pin CPU power connector. There is also a PROCHOT switch, allowing you to disable VRM temperature protection for extreme overclocking.
At the top right corner of the motherboard, we find out power and reset buttons. At the bottom of the motherboard, we get a Clear CMOS button and an RGB LED header with eFuse protection.
Our second USB 3.0 internal header is located at the bottom of the motherboard near the front panel headers. The motherboard features two HD audio headers, they do the same thing but are positioned differently so you can avoid conflicts with a case with little clearance or a GPU blocking the header.
The heat sinks are all screwed into the motherboard, and the VRM heat sink is substantial.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASROCK X399M TAICHI (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399M TAICHI Overview]
- Page 3 [ASROCK X399M TAICHI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASROCK X399M TAICHI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mega Man Legacy Collection has sold 1 million units
- Mario's voice enters Guinness World Record, 100 performances
- Mortal Engines movie could HARDCORE fail, $42m made so far
- God of War's director confirms viewable Death Stranding demo
- New Street Fighter V character 'Kage' image leaked early
- RDX Surge Male Enhancement Pills : Maximize Your Performance with RDXSurge!
- light is flashing slow
- Core HT 231D - replacement CPU fan
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire