As you can see, we have a very square board here which follows the micro ATX standard. Coming in at only 9.6" x 9.6", it is ideal for people who have smaller cases and would be perfect for a little home theater systems which doesn't take up too much space in your living room.
As you may have noticed from the extended specifications on the second page, the Foxconn motherboard we are looking at today is a 939 compatible board and supports Athlon 64/X2 and FX all out of the box.
Foxconn have opted for a passive heatsink to cool the motherboard which is great news for people wanting to make a silent machine. The passive heatsink was used in our overclocking tests with no additional cooling and performed exceptionally well under stress.
Moving to the lower part of the board we can see that the Foxconn 6150 motherboard utilizes a single PCI Express 16x slot for our graphics card along with three PCI legacy slots. While there are no smaller PCI E slots, it's not really a big deal as this slot still isn't really used at the moment.
Moving to the other corner of the board we can see our Phoenix BIOS chip, four SATA ports, reset jumper along with the ports for a USB header.
Moving to the higher end of the motherboard we have our power connector, floppy disc connector and two IDE connectors.
Below we can see our RAM slots which are color coded so you know which slots you need to insert your two memory modules into to utilize the dual channel technology.
Moving to the side of the board we can see just exactly what we have on the IO side of things. Our normal PS2, USB ports are here along with a firewire port, standard VGA port, gigabit network port and audio jacks for 6 channel sound.
The overall design of the board is quite nice and they have done well to pack so much onto such a small board. Without delaying any longer lets have a look at just how the board performs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit