Case Build & Finished Product
Once the build is finished, not a single thing distracts from the attractiveness of the front on the 500D Its sleek simplicity is on full display. We can see the edges of the dust filter behind the aluminum, and as long as the side panels aren't blocking its removal, it can be slid out from either side and magnetically attaches to the steel frame inside
With little effort, this is the result we got from our components. The 280mm AIO installed without much hassle, the motherboard fit and aligns properly too The GPU is as level as we could expect to see, and the vast majority of the wires are hidden from view.
At the back of the chassis, we snapped the dust shield into place easily, the video card aligns, but we had to force the chassis out to get it to slide all the way in. The PSU slides in from the right side, and once resting on the rubber pads, the screws all lined right up
Of course, there will be instances where the steel wire cover won't work for all situations and is why you can see our 8-pin and USB cable from the AIO Outside of those two wires though, everything is contained and out of view through the tempered glass. We have to give credit where it is due, and Corsair did their best to make the view of the right side of the chassis as clean as the left.
The level of tint in the tempered glass does hinder a view inside of the chassis, but you can just make out the components, even more so when it is not under the bright lights of the photo booth What you have here is a fully loaded sexy beast. While at first, we were against the departure from the other Obsidian case designs, but when it comes down to it, what we see here is much better than what the original styling had to offer.
Once powered, it is easier to make out the motherboard, head unit, and GPU LED lighting behind the glass. What we also love about the case right now is that there is very little noise coming from the stock fan at the back. At 29 dB this chassis can go anywhere, and with the AIO in the front, the airflow inside of the chassis is sufficient to keep things cool inside As shipped, the airflow is not as good, as Corsair opts for silence over cooling right out of the box.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair Obsidian 500D Premium Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair Obsidian 500D Premium Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Corsair Obsidian 500D Premium Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Obsidian 500D]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit