BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD
The front of the packaging features an image of a BIOSTAR SATA SSD. Capacity, interface and warranty are advertised here.
The rear of the packaging shows that this is actually a box from the previous BIOSTAR G300 SSD, and that they just put a sticker on the front to sort of update it. The back of the box doesn't accurately describe what is inside, because there is no mention of 3D flash, or a 6.8mm "Laser formed" enclosure - both of which are highly promoted on the G330's web page.
Contained within the packaging is the drive and a printed quick installation guide.
The drives matte-black enclosure is formed from sheet aluminum. There is an attractive logo at the center.
The bottom and sides of the enclosure are also formed from sheet aluminum. There is a manufacturer's label listing the particulars of the drive.
Popping the enclosure open reveals the controller-side of a half-length PCB, held in-place with 3 screws.
This side of the PCB houses two of the drive's three, 32-layer 3D TLC flash packages, a Silicon Motion SM2258 4-channel controller and a SK hynix 256MB DDR3 DRAM package
This side of the PCB houses one flash package.
A close-in view of the drive's controller, Micron flash package, and SK Hynix DRAM cache package.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit