Installation and Finished Product
To start off the installation process, you must first align the backplate, so that the socket screws go through the plate in the designated areas. You then have to twist it back and forth to align the holes for each socket type, of which we are using the middle set of four for LGA115X.
Once the plate is aligned with the motherboard holes, you can install the standoffs, and be sure to securely screw them into the backplate, making sure to use the washers under the standoffs. Once they are locked in place, the top brackets can be installed, tabs facing in so that the cross-bar can be screwed in at the top and bottom of the socket.
Even though Scythe provides a wrench for mounting the cross-bar, to be blunt, is a pain in the "you know where to use" and why not use the screwdriver instead. Even with the fan installed, mounting can be achieved, but if you are clumsy, fan blades could be damaged, so it is advised you remove it first.
The Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 seems large, that is until you add perspective like this. It is slightly wider than the memory, but is shorter than many other 140mm fan cooler tower designs. Many will not see this view much, but it does leave plenty of room for the memory to clear.
The GKC3 stands well above the memory, and even with vastly oversized heat sinks on the RAM, you will still be able to populate all of the slots, and remove sticks without needing the remove the cooler.
Stepping back a bit, we notice right away that the cooler does have a wide stance across the motherboard. Even so, with the angles used in the design, access may appear blocked, but we find plenty of room for 8-pin connectivity, as well as getting to the motherboard screws.
Once installed, it is like the motherboard gets a new top half. The Grand Kama Cross 3 takes up nearly the full width of the motherboard, and with a sleek looking cooler to view, changes the entire look inside of the chassis for the better.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit